Premed 101 Forums

Suggestions for moderators, and improvements to Premed101 forums

Ian Wong

Ok i got a good suggestion.. i hope..

every year we have a thread for all the invites and declines for INTERVIEW with stats.. can we combine all these threads from the past year and make a grand thread that is stickyed for each university?

an example is a thread is

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48672

but lets combine all the past threads and produce a grad thread that all applicants can fill out?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone ever thought of an online help section forum for each MCAT category? Like...PS questions go here, etc. We could try to help each other with homework and also share tips, guidance, etc. It would also help to clean up the MCAT prep forum as well.

I also think an organized mcat section would be more then helpful, but would probably be less helpful to us and more helpful to those applying after 5 years or so, so that a good database is set up! (which btw is also good)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I was wondering if people would be interested in a subforum within "The Lounge" for Fitness + Nutrition or just Fitness + Food... i just got the idea since i started my summer regime today and remembered reading tons of discussions smattered across the boards involving eating habits at school / workout routines and suggestions etc etc.

Not imperative, but as a subforum i don't see it causing much harm or clutter

No harm but likely unnecessary clutter as The Lounge permits threads on such topics. If there was shown to be overwhelming interest after 50+ threads had been created and remained active, only then might your suggestion be considered. My 2 cents.

Hey guys I was wondering if people would be interested in a subforum within "The Lounge" for Fitness + Nutrition or just Fitness + Food... i just got the idea since i started my summer regime today and remembered reading tons of discussions smattered across the boards involving eating habits at school / workout routines and suggestions etc etc.

Not imperative, but as a subforum i don't see it causing much harm or clutter

Works for me but since i compete in bodybuilding im biased :)

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely would like to add new moderators to the forums, particularly those who just were accepted. If you have any suggestions, please post them here. As well, I have increased the number of pm's to 500 per user. Hopefully this helps!

Ian

Ian, you know better than we how important flexibility and adaptability is.

Your appointment of thatonekid, The Law and NewfieMike - all premeds at time of appointment (and they all have since been accepted) was brilliant. They, along with your appointments of med students, has proven to work well.

We have two outstanding premed contributors - Cerena and thehumanmacbook. I urge you to show the same flexibility by appointng them as mods. They have what it takes and have more than proiven themselves. All it takes is for you to exercise the same good judgment and flexibility as when you appointed the other premeds. Cheers! :)

Ian, you know better than we how important flexibility and adaptability is.

Your appointment of thatonekid, The Law and NewfieMike - all premeds at time of appointment (and they all have since been accepted) was brilliant. They, along with your appointments of med students, has proven to work well.

We have two outstanding premed contributors - Cerena and thehumanmacbook. I urge you to show the same flexibility by appointng them as mods. They have what it takes and have more than proiven themselves. All it takes is for you to exercise the same good judgment and flexibility as when you appointed the other premeds. Cheers! :)

^plus one!

hking, LostLamb, HBP - all recent acceptees to med school - would make marevelous mods, as would Karma and thebouque who are longterm bilingual med student contributors.

There cannot be too many mods and more mods allows for more to share this responsibility. It is more of a responsibility than an honour. And exceptional premeds such as Cerena and thehumanmacbook who are always on the froum are worthy of appointment.

Ian, you have created miracles for us with this forum and we are so very grateful for your vision and improvements.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I suggest there be separate threads for the major undergraduate schools. I get a lot of PMs regarding UTM and I think there can be a unified thread (sticky perhaps) for each school and people that go there can post courses that are easy, strategies, tips, contacts, etc. That way, if someone has a question, other people can also find out the answer :)

Archived