Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

one/week-2 weeks depends on how busy

Delusional happiness or depressing cold reality? If the latter, if it has no objective measurable effect on your life why not let yourself ignore reality and not be bothered?

Depends. Sometimes it's better to acknowledge the cold reality in order to effect change and bring other people happiness. If you're totally helpless, though, delusional happiness is probably best... if it's even possible.

Do you normally vote for the same party each election? (Or do you ven vote at all? Haha)

Depends. Sometimes it's better to acknowledge the cold reality in order to effect change and bring other people happiness. If you're totally helpless, though, delusional happiness is probably best... if it's even possible.

Do you normally vote for the same party each election? (Or do you ven vote at all? Haha)

Well I've only been allowed to vote for like a year but I would vote for the same party unless something went horribly wrong with them in which case I'd have to resort

Why am I so bad at taking compliments? like someone told me I was smart today and this is actually how I looked

Then I managed to get out "well....." then static in my brian and silence

awkward-look-on-face1.jpg

Well I've only been allowed to vote for like a year but I would vote for the same party unless something went horribly wrong with them in which case I'd have to resort

Why am I so bad at taking compliments? like someone told me I was smart today and this is actually how I looked

Then I managed to get out "well....." then static in my brian and silence

awkward-look-on-face1.jpg

Don't worry. You're just modest.. it's a good thing!

How do you feel when strangers on the bus creepily ask you about the book you're reading? If this has never happened, how would you hypothetically feel?

Don't worry. You're just modest.. it's a good thing!

How do you feel when strangers on the bus creepily ask you about the book you're reading? If this has never happened, how would you hypothetically feel?

I talk to strangers on the bus all the time, creepy or otherwise(it helps being A. almost 6 feet B. male). The best one was this time with my bio book, this punk looking woman sits beside me and says "oh man meiosis I remember that!", I looked at her, her skrillex hair nose piercings and such and went oh boy here we go! Turns out she was a med student LOL!

Can selfish douchebags that go into meds for money, but are still just as smart and motivated as any other doctor become truly good doctors?

!!! Oh my God, yes.

What should someone do if they're incapable of doing something that their parents really want, and they feel very guilty about it?

they should understand that their parents are going to die relatively soon, and they will be left alone for likely more than half of their lives with no parents to judge them. They should also be thankful that they were incapable of going into the field because that way all they have is the shame. If they actually went into that field (assuming they did it against their own wishes), they would have to spend the rest of their lives trapped in that profession, their parents would die and all you'd have is pain and misery. You can get over the guilt, you can't get over a sh***y career.

They should also realize that it's their parents that are being unreasonable, that they're doing nothing wrong and it's their parents' fault for not realizing it.

What would you think of a child that never played with toys?

they should understand that their parents are going to die relatively soon, and they will be left alone for likely more than half of their lives with no parents to judge them. They should also be thankful that they were incapable of going into the field because that way all they have is the shame. If they actually went into that field (assuming they did it against their own wishes), they would have to spend the rest of their lives trapped in that profession, their parents would die and all you'd have is pain and misery. You can get over the guilt, you can't get over a sh***y career.

They should also realize that it's their parents that are being unreasonable, that they're doing nothing wrong and it's their parents' fault for not realizing it.

What would you think of a child that never played with toys?

^ Nope, judging by their genes, they aren't too likely to die soon. The mother's mother's mother is still kicking. If the mother lives that long, she'll be around another 57 years... which is probably longer than the subject of the inquiry will be around, judging by the subject's dangerous health choices. Also, not talking about a career... talking about parents who really want grandkids one day and get mad when the subject says that won't ever happen.

I should hope the child did other enjoyable things instead. Anything can act like a toy without it being sold by Hasbro.

Should fast food and junk food companies be allowed to advertise to kids?

^ Nope, judging by their genes, they aren't too likely to die soon. The mother's mother's mother is still kicking. If the mother lives that long, she'll be around another 57 years... which is probably longer than the subject of the inquiry will be around, judging by the subject's dangerous health choices. Also, not talking about a career... talking about parents who really want grandkids one day and get mad when the subject says that won't ever happen.

I should hope the child did other enjoyable things instead. Anything can act like a toy without it being sold by Hasbro.

Should fast food and junk food companies be allowed to advertise to kids?

No, that's absolutely the lowest of the low. If a kid can't make decisions about the care for his diabetes, why should he be able to make the decisions that leads to him to aquire it?

On a scale of 1-10, how annoying a person do I seem to you?

No, that's absolutely the lowest of the low. If a kid can't make decisions about the care for his diabetes, why should he be able to make the decisions that leads to him to aquire it?

On a scale of 1-10, how annoying a person do I seem to you?

Erm, 3? But that's a total guess. It's hard to gauge annoyingness on the interweb.

Would you rather explore outer space or some unchartered depths of the ocean floor?

Erm, 3? But that's a total guess. It's hard to gauge annoyingness on the interweb.

Would you rather explore outer space or some unchartered depths of the ocean floor?

Ocean floor, exploring outer space first hand I'd be too puny to feel like I've accomplished everything (assuming you're not talking about telescope exploration)

You're all alone in an underground washroom and a creepy homeless man that looks like he stopped showering years ago is coming towards you waving and saying "Excuse me" repeatedly, and the only way out is to walk past him (this literally happened to me an hour ago), what do you do?

I can reveal my brilliant escape plan if you wish

Ocean floor, exploring outer space first hand I'd be too puny to feel like I've accomplished everything (assuming you're not talking about telescope exploration)

You're all alone in an underground washroom and a creepy homeless man that looks like he stopped showering years ago is coming towards you waving and saying "Excuse me" repeatedly, and the only way out is to walk past him (this literally happened to me an hour ago), what do you do?

I can reveal my brilliant escape plan if you wish

i guess stay in the washroom until he leaves...:(

please reveal your brilliant plan!:confused:

i guess stay in the washroom until he leaves...:(

please reveal your brilliant plan!:confused:

LOL! He wanted to talk to me I think standing still would've not been such a good idea

I said in the thickest unidentified accent I could muster up "sowrry I no speek engleesh" as I walked right past him. His facial expression was priceless.

Did your internet just go down for 2 hours too?

LOL! He wanted to talk to me I think standing still would've not been such a good idea

I said in the thickest unidentified accent I could muster up "sowrry I no speek engleesh" as I walked right past him. His facial expression was priceless.

Did your internet just go down for 2 hours too?

It was out for longer here. My friend texted me at 7 asking if mine was working, but idk if it started earlier. Still wasn't working at 10ish. Then I gave up. My parents are in Toronto and they said their's wasn't working after dinner.

Are you more attached to your phone or your computer? (Or neither?... in which case I'm a little bit jealous.)

It was out for longer here. My friend texted me at 7 asking if mine was working, but idk if it started earlier. Still wasn't working at 10ish. Then I gave up. My parents are in Toronto and they said their's wasn't working after dinner.

Are you more attached to your phone or your computer? (Or neither?... in which case I'm a little bit jealous.)

My computer

If you could be the main character of any fairytale which would it eb?

Gretel! (Although Hansel would be pretty great, too.)

What do you tend to spend the most money on, other than the essentials?

I don't think there's one particular thing I spend most of my money on, probably food and beer is where it mostly goes. Actually yeah I spend a lot on drinks. and now everyone thinks I'm an alcoholic, ohwell

Any questionable lab techniques you've preformed that you want to confess to?

I don't think there's one particular thing I spend most of my money on, probably food and beer is where it mostly goes. Actually yeah I spend a lot on drinks. and now everyone thinks I'm an alcoholic, ohwell

Any questionable lab techniques you've preformed that you want to confess to?

On myself, others, or in an actual lab?

Break down your weekly nutrition (percentage wise) into health/junk/alcohol

On myself, others, or in an actual lab?

Break down your weekly nutrition (percentage wise) into health/junk/alcohol

If by nutrition you mean calories, it's kind of complicated because what I eat is very borderline junk/health. I can't say EXACTLY what I mean, because anyone who has ever met me would know who I am 100%, but anywhooo, I shall replace "health" with "meal foods". I would estimate, calorically: 52% meal foods, 45% junk, 3% alcohol. Yes, I'm gonna die from chronic junk food eating.

How much do you have to drink to get drunk?

If by nutrition you mean calories, it's kind of complicated because what I eat is very borderline junk/health. I can't say EXACTLY what I mean, because anyone who has ever met me would know who I am 100%, but anywhooo, I shall replace "health" with "meal foods". I would estimate, calorically: 52% meal foods, 45% junk, 3% alcohol. Yes, I'm gonna die from chronic junk food eating.

How much do you have to drink to get drunk?

Let's talk in beer units, depends on how much I've eaten and how quickly but usually I start feeling something at 2 beers, tipsy at 4, drunk at 7+

Do you burn out in second semester?