Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

^ Hahahaha. If it were anyone else, I'd assume they were kidding, but because it's you, I don't even know.

Choke/freeze yes; because I'm shy as is, I get even shier. I don't think I actually get stupider, though.

Would you rather have a conversation with someone who is very shy and makes you do most of the talking, or with someone who won't let you get a word in edge-wise?

LOL dead serious. Had an interview today, guy was like "so why are you interested in neuroscience?"

My heart's naturally pouding, my response went like "GGRRRRRRTHHHHHwwwwwwwwwwww"

The one that won't let me get a word in, I hate talking to unresponsive people because they make me doubt myself.

How do you want to die?

LOL dead serious. Had an interview today, guy was like "so why are you interested in neuroscience?"

My heart's naturally pouding, my response went like "GGRRRRRRTHHHHHwwwwwwwwwwww"

The one that won't let me get a word in, I hate talking to unresponsive people because they make me doubt myself.

How do you want to die?

Quickly. I don't want to have to go through what I'm seeing my father inlaw go through. So disheartening to watch, esp for a man as brilliant as he was.

How many courses are you taking this semester?

Bit too fat

Y U wanna B a doctor?

As cliche as this sounds, I've always loved helping people. There are other ways, but I believe that feelings are all we have, and nothing more powerfully affects our emotions than our health - both physical and mental. I initially wanted to be a psychiatrist, but then my view of emotions kind of broadened, I guess. Also, from a purely practical standpoint, I love analyzing, diagnosing, and figuring out how to solve problems.

Would you rather be a businessperson, an English teacher, or a *God forbid* politician, and why?

As cliche as this sounds, I've always loved helping people. There are other ways, but I believe that feelings are all we have, and nothing more powerfully affects our emotions than our health - both physical and mental. I initially wanted to be a psychiatrist, but then my view of emotions kind of broadened, I guess. Also, from a purely practical standpoint, I love analyzing, diagnosing, and figuring out how to solve problems.

Would you rather be a businessperson, an English teacher, or a *God forbid* politician, and why?

A politician, because then I'd be able to actually change things. Although someone like me would never get elected, poor people seem to enjoy being poor.

Would you ever make up a reason because your reason is too cliche and nobody would believe you even though the real answer is much better thant he lie?

A politician, because then I'd be able to actually change things. Although someone like me would never get elected, poor people seem to enjoy being poor.

Would you ever make up a reason because your reason is too cliche and nobody would believe you even though the real answer is much better thant he lie?

when I am chancellor of Canada, I'll hire you to be my chief of staff and help me berate people for their stupidity. Great leaders always ensure their staff is smarter than them.

when I am chancellor of Canada, I'll hire you to be my chief of staff and help me berate people for their stupidity. Great leaders always ensure their staff is smarter than them.

This is why our evil schemes constantly fail, you want to be SUPREME DICTATOR not chancellor. Reach for the stars Aaron.

^ GOOD ANSWER.

The only capital-T Tide I know is the laundry detergent.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how awkward are you? (Also, for bonus points, guess how awkward FrenchToast is.)

I fluctuate, usually I hover around 2, sometimes though (especially when I'm ultra nervous) I can be around 6. You strike me as a particularly awkward person, I'd give you a 7/10. Edit: Although I'm not that awkward really awkward things happen to me consistently (look at the example below), my life is somewhat of a larry david.

Have you ever purchased a series of items and noticed the clerk staring at you, went home and realized that the combination of things you bought were really creepy? For example, duct tape, bleach and whipped cream

This is why our evil schemes constantly fail, you want to be SUPREME DICTATOR not chancellor. Reach for the stars Aaron.

I fluctuate, usually I hover around 2, sometimes though (especially when I'm ultra nervous) I can be around 6. You strike me as a particularly awkward person, I'd give you a 7/10. Edit: Although I'm not that awkward really awkward things happen to me consistently (look at the example below), my life is somewhat of a larry david.

Have you ever purchased a series of items and noticed the clerk staring at you, went home and realized that the combination of things you bought were really creepy? For example, duct tape, bleach and whipped cream

^ Incorrect. I'm closer to a 9.5 :D. http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2012/04/18/the-sculpture/ The one at the back may as well be me.

No, I have not. I feel like they judge me at the grocery store, though. Tofu + fruit + heaping piles of chocolate.

Do you have any phobias?

^ Incorrect. I'm closer to a 9.5 :D. http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/2012/04/18/the-sculpture/ The one at the back may as well be me.

No, I have not. I feel like they judge me at the grocery store, though. Tofu + fruit + heaping piles of chocolate.

Do you have any phobias?

Better underestimate than offend m'lady

Uh I used to be a little afraid of insects + spiders specifically, but last term I had to look at insects and spiders under a dissecting microscope for a class and systematic desensitization happened, now I think spiders are kinda cute

Do you feel like your awkwardness makes people percieve you in a negative way, and will this get in your way (med school interviews)?

Better underestimate than offend m'lady

Uh I used to be a little afraid of insects + spiders specifically, but last term I had to look at insects and spiders under a dissecting microscope for a class and systematic desensitization happened, now I think spiders are kinda cute

Do you feel like your awkwardness makes people percieve you in a negative way, and will this get in your way (med school interviews)?

To be totally honest, awkwardness and med school interviews are the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about people judging me by my looks than by my awkwardness, and I'm more worried about general interactions in life than interviews. And like if I don't get in, I don't get in... not the end of the world.

Do you like your family doctor?

better than fiber supplement, suppository, and lube lmao. True story haha

To be totally honest, awkwardness and med school interviews are the least of my concerns. I'm more worried about people judging me by my looks than by my awkwardness, and I'm more worried about general interactions in life than interviews. And like if I don't get in, I don't get in... not the end of the world.

Best physician I have ever known period. And I know a lot :( lol

Best and worst moment from your Christmas holidays.

Hey I internet like you okay :) also I differentiate awkwardness into physical, social and verbal awkwardness. You're probably only physically awkward?

Anywho, no she's an idiot. She keeps telling me to become a dentist instead it's like she doesn't understand why anyone would want to be a doctor, and I suspect she's quite depressed.

Most recurring fantasy?

Hey I internet like you okay :) also I differentiate awkwardness into physical, social and verbal awkwardness. You're probably only physically awkward?

Anywho, no she's an idiot. She keeps telling me to become a dentist instead it's like she doesn't understand why anyone would want to be a doctor, and I suspect she's quite depressed.

Most recurring fantasy?

Aww - that's kind of you =). Physically, yes. Possibly socially, as well? I'm really not sure. Depends how you define it.

I don't have one :S. Just tried thinking and nothing comes to mind. Sorry for the cop-out answer. I tried.

Do you do anything that you know puts your health at risk?

Aww - that's kind of you =). Physically, yes. Possibly socially, as well? I'm really not sure. Depends how you define it.

I don't have one :S. Just tried thinking and nothing comes to mind. Sorry for the cop-out answer. I tried.

Do you do anything that you know puts your health at risk?

Yes, mainly by not doing things that I should be doing.

Do you think there are actually people that are 100% non judgemental, or that everybody judges but some people hide it/don't act on it and swear they're not judging?