Premed 101 Forums

Money, Prestige, and Lifestyle

..and then you say "But I can't find a job. Got any Mr. Noodle you can spare?"

*panties fly on*

But as for money, prestige and lifestyle...private practice plastics, private practice derm...basically anything with high rates of pay and cosmetics.

But serratusly, getting there is a huge battle. It's easier to concentrate on money and lifestyle. Prestige is overrated. Go rad onc or path.

i friggin LOL everytime you write this. Bahahaha

Man that dude was whack, but funny lol

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to have a more enjoyable life to be honest, you feel so much better when your healthy and fit, when you have lots of money you have freedom, sex is ok, but my friend (who's a professional) had sex with like 30 girls in a couple months, you don't need to be a movie star, there are lots of girls who enjoy sex.

also anytime you mention evolutionary psychology, it instantly tinkers with my classically conditioned "this guy is an idiot" response, must have been those seminar classes i took in creative writing... i mean evolutionary psychology, sorry

interestingly enough, as i'm writing this, i'm watching a bcc commercial that says that cigarettes are more popular than sex... with djarums, yeah, i can see that.

a lot of people also like unadulterated power, others are narcissists, some love their cocaine, others watching what they have built...

ever been to a rave, it's like, do you wanna have sex in the morning... sure, and a lot of the girls are pretty "hot", i think you're really overcomplicating this sex thing...

I'd be surprised if you even had half of mine (srs). And I'm 18.

But for the average person in the western culture, what is the BIGGEST motive behind wanting to look better, working out, wanting a lot of $$$ and so on... yes there are other factors but sex makes up the biggest portion. Biologically and evolutionary supported as well.

Why does everyone say that the lifestyle of subspecialities are too harsh? Can't docs choose how much/when they wanna work?

Not really in a lot of them. To get slotted into a hospital that has associated responsibilities that impacts lifestyle. You cannot just choose to work 2 days a week and never take call etc.

to have a more enjoyable life to be honest, you feel so much better when your healthy and fit, when you have lots of money you have freedom, sex is ok, but my friend (who's a professional) had sex with like 30 girls in a couple months, you don't need to be a movie star, there are lots of girls who enjoy sex.

also anytime you mention evolutionary psychology, it instantly tinkers with my classically conditioned "this guy is an idiot" response, must have been those seminar classes i took in creative writing... i mean evolutionary psychology, sorry

interestingly enough, as i'm writing this, i'm watching a bcc commercial that says that cigarettes are more popular than sex... with djarums, yeah, i can see that.

a lot of people also like unadulterated power, others are narcissists, some love their cocaine, others watching what they have built...

ever been to a rave, it's like, do you wanna have sex in the morning... sure, and a lot of the girls are pretty "hot", i think you're really overcomplicating this sex thing...

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike evolutionary psych?

You hatin' cuz anything can be "explained" in an evolutionary way?

If not, do share your beef with evolutionary psychology

try being an average guy and having sex with a non-slutty 9.5/10.

Why does everyone say that the lifestyle of subspecialities are too harsh? Can't docs choose how much/when they wanna work?

On paper, yes. But, would you want a new colleague in your group that doesn't want to take a fair share of call or only wants to work three days a week? Before people get into medical school people tend to think jobs are guaranteed and you get to practice however you want whenever you want (I did too). Although medicine does have a relatively high amount of autonomy compared to other professions, it isn't absolute, and concessions have to be made.

Its called: no game, no personality, no charisma, no sense of humour, no life.

If you're missing 3 of the above, you better have prestige. When missing all, better have money and prestige.

I love the principles of it but it is way over used in arguments. We do all kinds of things that makes zero evolutionary sense - we are not perfect reproductive machines - we actually can chose to override all kinds of things and do all the time (both good and bad).

Using it constantly is like trapping yourself into only one ethical framework when discussing your position - it is simply too limiting.

Its called: no game, no personality, no charisma, no sense of humour, no life.

If you're missing 3 of the above, you better have prestige. When missing all, better have money and prestige.

lol..... sounds like you have poor standards.

If you want to be casually dating and having sex with a >9.5/10 chick, you better have all 5 of those along with money and prestige (and I think you forgot looks/body cause that's >everything else you said).

You really think at a high class club filled with super hot chicks, that a "pick up artist" who drives a toyota, is going to have more success than the guy with his lamborghini outside? Let's get real now.

yeah, you're pretty much right, and you can use any explanation, and i can up with own contrary explanation, then you can make up some qualifying reason why i could hypothetically be wrong ad infinitum... it's called mental masturbation... masquerading as empirical bull**** instead of ideologically driven exercise is mastering the motor muscles use to say, post hoc of course, it makes evolutionary sense... i can make anything make evolutionary sense, and so can anyone with any creativity

lol..... sounds like you have poor standards.

If you want to be casually dating and having sex with a >9.5/10 chick, you better have all 5 of those along with money and prestige (and I think you forgot looks/body cause that's >everything else you said).

You really think at a high class club filled with super hot chicks, that a "pick up artist" who drives a toyota, is going to have more success than the guy with his lamborghini outside? Let's get real now.

Or it sounds like im already involved to a beautiful, intelligent (masters and OWNS her own Engineering firm with a staff of 10) woman who would make a BOY like you cry in his panties because he doesnt have the balls to ante up to a girl, charm her, make her laugh, make her comfortable and say thanks for the convo and walk away.

Any MAN knows what happens next...

Or it sounds like im already involved to a beautiful, intelligent (masters and OWNS her own Engineering firm with a staff of 10) woman who would make a BOY like you cry in his panties because he doesnt have the balls to ante up to a girl, charm her, make her laugh, make her comfortable and say thanks for the convo and walk away.

Any MAN knows what happens next...

Ladies please, take it outside

yeah, you're pretty much right, and you can use any explanation, and i can up with own contrary explanation, then you can make up some qualifying reason why i could hypothetically be wrong ad infinitum... it's called mental masturbation... masquerading as empirical bull**** instead of ideologically driven exercise is mastering the motor muscles use to say, post hoc of course, it makes evolutionary sense... i can make anything make evolutionary sense, and so can anyone with any creativity

You don't think that at least some behaviours have a plausible evolutionary explanation, though?

Archived