Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly what I'm trying to say :P

I don't think there are only 2 waves of rejections. There will be more :eek::o

but also remember, i doubt most people are not going to rush to the forum to announce their rejection.

Fair enough! This rolling invite/rejection system is killing be a bit each day I think.. :(

Quick! Everyone link arms and stand strong! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

As soon as I posted here, I got an email popup on my gmail: Gmail - Inbox (1)

My stomach turned upside down.

I checked. And it was from some volunteer thing I do at school -.-

*still feel sick*

lol

same

except mine came from Golden Key, which is recruiting new Execs for next yr.

I immediately deleted it for causing so much paranoia for a split second

I'm surprised that if there were over 1000 rejections and some invites that there weren't more posts.

ack. no no.. no one knows how many rejections there were. sorry, we were talking about rejections being sent out in two batches. if that were true, the second batch would be HUGE because the first one was only 600. it's not the case. I will be careful about posting numbers next time..

everyone chill! :) was just discussion and speculation..

The 1000 rejections

Really cant source this piece of info back to anything beyond speculation. Am I missing something ladies and gents? Did the usual Twitter/blog check.

Sincere best wishes to all those receiving rejections this aft.

Desperately trying to convey that the "1000" rejections came out of no where, it was an example. THERE ARE NO STATS POSTED ANYWHERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :o

Desperately trying to convey that the "1000" rejections came out of no where, it was an example. THERE ARE NO STATS POSTED ANYWHERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD :o

LOL - You know this crowd (myself included). Information is like gold sir. Please also note - I edited and thanked for clarification.

For what its worth:

11 people posted a rejection following the tweet saying that ~600 rejections were sent.

11/600 = 0.018

Today, 5 people posted that they received a rejection.

5/0.018 = 273.

Assuming more people will post their rejection over the next several hours, it looks like there could be over 1000 rejections that have already been sent out. This leaves 3100-1000- 575 = 1525 more rejections to go out.

Since this is the 'Hope Box', I figured I might as well post this lame attempt to figure out how likely it actually is to still receive a rejection lol.

Lol. Impeccable logic!

For what its worth:

11 people posted a rejection following the tweet saying that ~600 rejections were sent.

11/600 = 0.018

Today, 5 people posted that they received a rejection.

5/0.018 = 273.

Assuming more people will post their rejection over the next several hours, it looks like there could be over 1000 rejections that have already been sent out. This leaves 3100-1000- 575 = 1525 more rejections to go out.

Since this is the 'Hope Box', I figured I might as well post this lame attempt to figure out how likely it actually is to still receive a rejection lol.

Archived