Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt they see your 28 MCAT as a detriment as long as you meet the cutoffs for each section.

Your success probably has to do with your GPA & Essay/ECs

His/her post made me hopeful until I went back into the interview invites/regrets thread and saw the killer GPA. Then I cried bitterly.

This is the scene this thread depicts:

You are in a fairly small room packed with people. One small door at the front, and one very large door at the back.

It is clear that everyone wants out, but it is equally clear that everyone is nervous about which door they may exit through.

Every once in a while we get a glimpse of someone exiting out the front - we can see the sun shining and the smile on their face as they leave - everyone else watches and basks in their glory.

Meanwhile, a large group of people at the back get shoved out the back door, and you could see the pouring rain outside as the door opens, while each person screaming and getting pelted with rain on their way out.

Then, as you are standing in the middle of the room, thinking it will take forever for you to work your way to either the front or the back, the person next to you falls through the floor - gone.

Just as you expect someone you know to leave the front door, they get tossed out the back too.

The room becomes less crowded, but more likely you will get picked next.

And then the lights go out, with no sight or sound for a week.

You are in a fairly small room packed with people. One small door at the front, and one very large door at the back.

It is clear that everyone wants out, but it is equally clear that everyone is nervous about which door they may exit through.

Every once in a while we get a glimpse of someone exiting out the front - we can see the sun shining and the smile on their face as they leave - everyone else watches and basks in their glory.

Meanwhile, a large group of people at the back get shoved out the back door, and you could see the pouring rain outside as the door opens, while each person screaming and getting pelted with rain on their way out.

Then, as you are standing in the middle of the room, thinking it will take forever for you to work your way to either the front or the back, the person next to you falls through the floor - gone.

Just as you expect someone you know to leave the front door, they get tossed out the back too.

Beautiful.

Loved it. I laughed so hard in my medical imaging class but managed to repress it fairly w

well.

Nicely put. But such suspense. What happens next?!

This deserves a prize.

And the last sentence made me laugh out loud.

Some grad students have received invites/regrets, but I don't think that the majority have yet. I'm a grad applicant and I'm still waiting.

I've had the same dream two nights in a row. I get an invite email from UofT, get really excited, call my parents, and have a celebration. It's great until I wake up and realize that I'm still in limbo and I have two midterms to study for. :(

See, I think this hope box has been net negative for me, because it is a 'bad' sort of hope to have. Those of us still 'left' are led to think that the delay is somehow increasing our chances. The sad reality is that we are just as close to rejection as ever, yet now we invested ourselves into a desperate longing for recognition.

Ah screw it, ill take this over the impending smackdown any day. Believe!

AMAZING! 10char

Archived