Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yikes. My hope is now gone.

I'm applying with a wgpa of 3.63 don't even worry lol. It's an average, it means that people with much lower gpas are still getting in. Especially if including the grads it's >3.8 and some of them are getting in with ~3.3

Also it's on like what 50or60% academic, just make sure to have a great essay and abs

I'm applying with a wgpa of 3.63 don't even worry lol. It's an average, it means that people with much lower gpas are still getting in. Especially if including the grads it's >3.8 and some of them are getting in with ~3.3

I nominate Dassy for most encouraging/supportive/optimistic premed ;):)

Agree with Dassy about the GPA. With a 3.86, you've got a shot--it comes down to the non-academics (which is what screws over many of the 4.0s).

With a 3.86, you've got a shot--it comes down to the non-academics (which is what screws over many of the 4.0s).

YAY! A reason to feel superior about my less-than-stellar GPA! :rolleyes::D

Everyday I'm doing a "today's the day I get an email!" dance, but it's not very effective...

I think its ridiculous to worry about gpa at this point. You submitted in october, you ve waited this far - just hold onto hope for a few more weeks. Preemptive analyses of doom serve nothing at this point. Chillax everyone and keep reminding yourself of the name of this thread :)

YAY! A reason to feel superior about my less-than-stellar GPA! :rolleyes::D

Everyday I'm doing a "today's the day I get an email!" dance, but it's not very effective...

Thanks, for whatever reason your post just got Party Rock Anthem stuck in my head.:rolleyes:

U of T hope has ended for this applicant so I thought I'd post before I bow out of this thread!

Now I'll stop compulsively checking my email and can focus on my interview at Queen's. One interview is one more than I had last year, so I'm very excited! Best of luck to those of you who are still waiting- you guys have been a great community in this thread!

No emails yet for me....I think im going to consider this a good thing lol especially since I have a midterm tomorrow.

Congrats to the few who got invites, and sorry to those who got rejects, atleast you don't have to compulsively checkouts emails anymore :P good luck with your other interviews! (but not your western one, because I'm shotying that school ;) )

No emails yet for me....I think im going to consider this a good thing lol especially since I have a midterm tomorrow.

Congrats to the few who got invites, and sorry to those who got rejects, atleast you don't have to compulsively checkouts emails anymore :P good luck with your other interviews! (but not your western one, because I'm shotying that school ;) )

Last year there were two rejection batches only I believe so hopefully that means good news for the rest of us =)

No email for me either.

For some reason I feel really sick today. The stressed-out/nervous kind of sick.

Last year there were two rejection batches only I believe so hopefully that means good news for the rest of us =)

I want to beliveve this really badly but I don't think it's the case this year. Last years 1st massacre=1200, this year=600...also there doesn't seem to be lots of people posted, so I think they might continuing throughout the day. And then probably atlast one more big massacre (my friend got rejected in march last year, so really late)

But good luck to all of us :D

well if over 1000 rejections were sent today, I'm sure there would be more sad posts..

Exactly what I'm trying to say :P

I don't think there are only 2 waves of rejections. There will be more :eek::o

but also remember, i doubt most people are not going to rush to the forum to announce their rejection.

Archived