Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

Yes good luck everyone.

Even though the hope box thread from last year was pretty difficult to read, we might as well all agonize together.

Just need to focus on life and these things turn out for the best.

Having said that, shouldn't invites for Feb 25th be coming soon?

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo for the Hope Box version 2.0 :D Trying to keep my chin up after yesterday's fiasco. I've resorted to spending less time checking my emails and just focussing more on my research/school work to pass the time. Seems to be working...lol. Seems to me that some rejections trickled out yesterday?

Woohoo for the Hope Box version 2.0 :D Trying to keep my chin up after yesterday's fiasco. I've resorted to spending less time checking my emails and just focussing more on my research/school work to pass the time. Seems to be working...lol. Seems to me that some rejections trickled out yesterday?

Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

Just speculation. From the most recent poster on twitter, the time frame from what they asked appears to be yesterday so that's why i assumed some rejections went out yesterday (unless my math completely sucks lol)

I think this is fantastic. I didn't apply to UofT last year so this is my first time seeing the Hope Box. I'm a Huge believer in sending and receiving positive energy and making sure you put the right message out into the universe. So this is me putting out more positive thoughts to all of you and saying thank you for all those that have already been sent theirs.

I have a small tip for surviving the stressful months to come...take a deep breath in and breath it all the way out. It will feel strange but it's ok to let go and remove your shoulders from your earlobes.

Hey everybody! Been lurking on the forums for a couple of months or so now; only just discovered them on this cycle of MD apps (my 2nd time around). I must say, really a fantastic thing you all have established here though!

I'm in this U of T mystery boat for the time being as well! Glad to hear I'm not the only one starting to feel forgotten! :confused:

I'm an OOP applicant from BC. Has anyone established whether there are still a bulk of OOP invites/rejections to go out (especially for the Western provinces)?

Hey everybody! Been lurking on the forums for a couple of months or so now; only just discovered them on this cycle of MD apps (my 2nd time around). I must say, really a fantastic thing you all have established here though!

I'm in this U of T mystery boat for the time being as well! Glad to hear I'm not the only one starting to feel forgotten! :confused:

I'm an OOP applicant from BC. Has anyone established whether there are still a bulk of OOP invites/rejections to go out (especially for the Western provinces)?

I'm a fellow B.C. applicant as well- I don't believe we've seen any movement on the OOP front yet- outside of some being mingled in that first 600 rejections, but no invites to speak of yet.

I'm a fellow B.C. applicant as well- I don't believe we've seen any movement on the OOP front yet- outside of some being mingled in that first 600 rejections, but no invites to speak of yet.

Hello and glad to hear it! Guess we should all just sit tight, stay calm, and keep our fingers crossed for now then! ;)

Best of luck to everyone else out there still waiting on the big news.

I really hope I'm not one of those applicants who ends up waiting until March to hear back...dunno which will wear out first my nerves or my phone from the constant email/forum checking

I know what you mean! I've been having such a hard time concentrating in class! I've decided to set some guidelines for myself so that I can only check my email and premed once a day now! We will see how long I actually last for :)

I know what you mean! I've been having such a hard time concentrating in class! I've decided to set some guidelines for myself so that I can only check my email and premed once a day now! We will see how long I actually last for :)

Oh man, I wish I were that strong! My emails are sent to my phone so I've turned into one of those people who check it 3-5 times per minute. OH BOY!

**adding hope to the Hope Box***

UofT is kind of my last shot right now. I'm assuming a rejection from Mac (although didn't get an official letter/email yet), and Western I'm pretty sure I don't make the cutoff. I threw my application at all the schools anyways.

It's hard when I look at my application now and think "wow I have so little ECs compared to others on here". But you never know... I changed my essay a lot from last time so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone....

uuuuuuughhhhhh don't even care if i get accepted or rejected at this point. just want to know! i've never been so anxious in my life, this is horrible.

The only comforting thing is that if i don't get invited, someone else will instead of me... at which point they will jump up and down for joy for a day or two---after which they will frantically stress over the interview---after which they will even more frantically think about and tell people how they did---after which they will be devastated at having gotten waitlisted---after which they will start obsessing over the waitlist movement on PM101---after which they will get accepted and jump up and down for joy---after which they will study like crazy for four years---after which they will *finally* graduate as an MD. I definitely overthought this.

Even if I don't get an interview, and I am very happy as it is. Definitely wasn't expecting to get an invite this year, let alone two. I just hope if someone beats me to it, it is someone who hasn't gotten an interview yet.

Keep hoping people <3

OKAY I am posting on this thread. I've been reading posts on here at times, but now the UofT wait is driving me insane! Just to update everyone, I got rejected from UWO, Queens (both for verbal), and got nothing from Mac (which apparently means rejection). So UofT is the only one left. I know from all you kind people to fear any emails from Deborah... LOL

alot of people would be thrilled with two interviews. yet we sit here and stress over this.

and don't forget stressing about CaRMS, which I've heard is pretty brutal (current applicants feel free to correct me :))

uuuuuuughhhhhh don't even care if i get accepted or rejected at this point. just want to know! i've never been so anxious in my life, this is horrible.

The only comforting thing is that if i don't get invited, someone else will instead of me... at which point they will jump up and down for joy for a day or two---after which they will frantically stress over the interview---after which they will even more frantically think about and tell people how they did---after which they will be devastated at having gotten waitlisted---after which they will start obsessing over the waitlist movement on PM101---after which they will get accepted and jump up and down for joy---after which they will study like crazy for four years---after which they will *finally* graduate as an MD. I definitely overthought this.

Even if I don't get an interview, and I am very happy as it is. Definitely wasn't expecting to get an invite this year, let alone two. I just hope if someone beats me to it, it is someone who hasn't gotten an interview yet.

Keep hoping people <3

alot of people would be thrilled with two interviews. yet we sit here and stress over this.

and don't forget stressing about CaRMS, which I've heard is pretty brutal (current applicants feel free to correct me :))

Not there yet but from what the 4th years say CaRMS in some ways is worse. You have basically one shot at it and the results are legally binding. The past 7-8 years of your life at least have lead up to it. The rules in someways are even less clear that med applications, and the results lead to people often leaving to a completely new city/life etc.

Archived