Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

Not there yet but from what the 4th years say CaRMS in some ways is worse. You have basically one shot at it and the results are legally binding. The past 7-8 years of your life at least have lead up to it. The rules in someways are even less clear that med applications, and the results lead to people often leaving to a completely new city/life etc.

yea, a med prof came in to talk to a UG class last year and bascially said he had just interviewed UGs, but also that the med students were about to hear back for residencies, and that the fun doesn't stop just cause you get into med.

Is it true that the match rate is very high- ie you'll get matched to somewhere? and if so.. does that give you comfort at least, compared to UG having around around 50% chance-raw- (assuming 2 interviews)

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply
uuuuuuughhhhhh don't even care if i get accepted or rejected at this point. just want to know! i've never been so anxious in my life, this is horrible.

The only comforting thing is that if i don't get invited, someone else will instead of me... at which point they will jump up and down for joy for a day or two---after which they will frantically stress over the interview---after which they will even more frantically think about and tell people how they did---after which they will be devastated at having gotten waitlisted---after which they will start obsessing over the waitlist movement on PM101---after which they will get accepted and jump up and down for joy---after which they will study like crazy for four years---after which they will *finally* graduate as an MD. I definitely overthought this.

Even if I don't get an interview, and I am very happy as it is. Definitely wasn't expecting to get an invite this year, let alone two. I just hope if someone beats me to it, it is someone who hasn't gotten an interview yet.

Keep hoping people <3

hahah so true

a hope box created in the first week of february...lmfao. Chillax guys, most people I knew who interviewed at UofT last year did not hear till late February/early March. If anything, the longer I don't hear from them, the better. I need to focus on my school work for once :(

The longer we wait the better?! You're just trying to be an optimist, I know the wait is KILLING me! :D

I guess most people get too disappointed to post after a rejection. When I got my Queens R, I basically slammed the lid on the laptop. The worst part is that I'm the one who made the Stats thread in the Queen's forum! I managed to bring myself to post the results later on in the day though. It can be quite difficult

I guess most people get too disappointed to post after a rejection. When I got my Queens R, I basically slammed the lid on the laptop. The worst part is that I'm the one who made the Stats thread in the Queen's forum! I managed to bring myself to post the results later on in the day though. It can be quite difficult

I know exactly what you mean, but so many people on this forum are sooo nice. After I posted above a couple rejections, I got emails from several members telling me sorry to hear and good luck with the rest. It helps soothe the rejection :) I also love the random users pm-ing me after my western invite to wish me congratulations and said they were rooting for me after seeing all my rejections. I love the people on the forum, they are there to support you whether you fail or succeed.

On a seperate note...anybody think they'll send out more invites/rejections tomorrow? It's getting awfully close to the next interview date...

I wonder how much notification we get if we're invited to interview.

On OMSAS, I put down my permanent mailing address, not my current one, which is in the UK. I would lovelovelove to be invited to U of T for interview, but I don't know how much notice I'll get. I'll be at Queen's on the 24th and I'm not sure how long to stay home for. I obviously need to book my flight sooner than later so I don't pay out too dearly! (I think two transatlantic flights is nearly out of the question.)

It's too bold to outright email them and ask my status, and I doubt they'd tell me anyway, but should I email Deb Coombes and say that I'm based in the UK so could they take that into account re: rejection/interview?

Does anyone have any insight on this?? Thanks in anticipation!

On OMSAS, I put down my permanent mailing address, not my current one, which is in the UK. I would lovelovelove to be invited to U of T for interview, but I don't know how much notice I'll get. I'll be at Queen's on the 24th and I'm not sure how long to stay home for. I obviously need to book my flight sooner than later so I don't pay out too dearly! (I think two transatlantic flights is nearly out of the question.)

It's too bold to outright email them and ask my status, and I doubt they'd tell me anyway, but should I email Deb Coombes and say that I'm based in the UK so could they take that into account re: rejection/interview?

I thought they emailed invites and regrets...

I believe it's been stated in the blog comments that if you know you will be away or am making a long trip already for another interview, email them and let them know. They will try their best to accommodate. They won't tell you your status of course, but they will take into consideration if you do receive an interview.

I believe it's been stated in the blog comments that if you know you will be away or am making a long trip already for another interview, email them and let them know. They will try their best to accommodate. They won't tell you your status of course, but they will take into consideration if you do receive an interview.

Thank you! This is the sort of info I was hoping for.

I will be SO nervous to send her that email!!

EDIT: Sent the email! :)

Archived