Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box 2012!

As someone who still hasn't heard anything back, I am getting nervous.

There have been a wave of invites last Friday around ~6pm and yet again this Friday....while no one has posted a single regret email.

Regrets went out during the week of Feb 6 for sure because my friend got one.

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd share some info that I got the other day. I submitted another paper on Wednesday and called UofT admissions to ask how I could have that considered in my application (grad students are eligible to update submitted/accepted manuscripts). They told me that they couldn't add anything to grad applications at this point because they've all been reviewed. That doesn't mean we'll all hear back in the next week, but it's an indication that the ball is rolling. I hope we all get some good news in the coming weeks! :D

Just thought I'd share some info that I got the other day. I submitted another paper on Wednesday and called UofT admissions to ask how I could have that considered in my application (grad students are eligible to update submitted/accepted manuscripts). They told me that they couldn't add anything to grad applications at this point because they've all been reviewed. That doesn't mean we'll all hear back in the next week, but it's an indication that the ball is rolling. I hope we all get some good news in the coming weeks! :D

Don't mean to douse your spirits, but somebody asked on their blog about this weeks ago and they weren't able to change it then. But apparently they were doing the big grad review this past week or this upcoming week, so you should hear back soon :)

That's strange. I would think that if they reviewed all grad applicants, we would all hear by now, but I know quite a few who haven't heard anything yet..

I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I got rejected in the middle of March last year. I have been told that the applications are reviewed in random order but I find that hard to believe. I'm still waiting this year and its almost March. What are the chances my application is at the bottom of the pile again this year?

Just so frustrating. /endrant

I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me. I got rejected in the middle of March last year. I have been told that the applications are reviewed in random order but I find that hard to believe. I'm still waiting this year and its almost March. What are the chances my application is at the bottom of the pile again this year?

I'm still waiting, and a lot of other people are in the same boat. They say it's random and I'm inclined to believe so... also none of the people here have been able to find a pattern in invites/regrets. I've just (almost) given up on U of T and started concentrating on other stuff... like preparing for the interviews that I already have :)

Also... does anyone know if they close during reading week? :confused:

Its been a decade since I took high school math but if I were to guess I would say that the chances that your application is at the bottom of the pile again this year is 25%.

Assuming that it is a binary thing: top of the pile versus bottom of the pile (which obviously it is not, but that's never stopped people from making models!). Hence, 50% that it would be in the bottom heap versus the top heap last year x 50% that it would be in the bottom heap versus the top heap this year= 25%

No reason to think the process is anything other than random. Hang in there. I'm feeling the angst as well.

Archived