Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what times the interviews are at? The email only mentioned the dates we can pick but not the times.

Last year it was something like every 2 hours there was a time slot available. 9am, 11am, 1pm, 2:30pm? Something like that. Its a first come first serve basis on dates and times. Just like how you signed up for CASPER.

Does anyone know if there are any options for people headed to Queens for interviews to stay somewhere cheap?

I know a few other schools (UBC) have setup where the med students offer a couch or something if they can. I'm wondering if there's something similar at Queens?

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Does anyone know if there are any options for people headed to Queens for interviews to stay somewhere cheap?

I know a few other schools (UBC) have setup where the med students offer a couch or something if they can. I'm wondering if there's something similar at Queens?

Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Queen's has done billeting in the past but because their class size is smaller you may want to look for other options as a back up. I've inquired about this in the AMA thread and I'm just waiting for an update from Savac :)

Queen's has done billeting in the past but because their class size is smaller you may want to look for other options as a back up. I've inquired about this in the AMA thread and I'm just waiting for an update from Savac :)

The post has been updated!

Billeting will be happening for both interview weekends. There's also the option of having us pick you up and drop you off at the bus station/train station/airport.

The post has been updated!

Billeting will be happening for both interview weekends. There's also the option of having us pick you up and drop you off at the bus station/train station/airport.

Oh my, how generous! This is great aha. IF I would prefer not to inconvenience the med students any further are cabs in kingston a viable option? How easy would it be to get one and what are the rates like?

Oh my, how generous! This is great aha. IF I would prefer not to inconvenience the med students any further are cabs in kingston a viable option? How easy would it be to get one and what are the rates like?

Yup, cabs are definitely a viable option! They're always waiting at the train station as an example. I've taken quite a few from the train station to my apartment, which is a 5 minute walk from the med building. If I recall correctly, it's around $13 or $14 for me. (edit: plus tip)

Honestly it's not that big an inconvenience. I have no problems picking people up assuming you're not calling me up at ~4am or beyond, lol. Anybody that volunteers to drive is doing it because they want to make the weekend easier for all of you.

To be honest, the rejection from Queen's stung the most, haha. My friend and I have virtually the same GPA, MCAT, and ECs but he got an interview and not me. Not sure what about my application Queen's did not like.

REferences could be a factor.

REferences could be a factor.

Highly doubt it because I asked the same people for references for MD/PhD at UofT (6 letters total) and it was totally fine.

I think there is a certain element of luck involved in applying to med school (and everything else in life of course), and there's nothing I can do about it if it's not in my favour.

Though the following was on the stats thread, I figured it'd be more appropriate to respond to here. I did receive an interview invite and most of my experiences on my personal sketch were formal work experiences. However I'm a mature applicant, so perhaps that played a factor. Good luck in the coming year!

Sigh. I don't really understand how Queen's works, maybe formal work experiences are not as valued? 

Congratulations to those who got interviews.

Does anybody know the style of the panel section of Queen's interview? Is it a structured or unstructured interview? (ie will they ask us specific questions, or will they just give us 15 minutes or half an hour to talk about ourselves)? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Does anybody know the style of the panel section of Queen's interview? Is it a structured or unstructured interview? (ie will they ask us specific questions, or will they just give us 15 minutes or half an hour to talk about ourselves)? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I'm limited in what I can/can't say about this unfortunately. :(

I feel I can say that questions will be asked during the interview, but I can't say much more because I'm not sure what they would want to disclose.

Does anyone know how long the interview process alone will take?

I've got another interview the morning after and would like to know when it would be safest to book a bus ticket out of Kingston. If my interview starts at 2, will I be done by 4?

It should be done by 4, but that's in a perfect world. I would plan for 5 just to be safe

Archived