Premed 101 Forums

Queen's Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the number floating around is 468 interviews, which makes sense if there are fewer seats... so the chances are still around 18-20% if you don't consider waitlist movement. No idea how much it moves at this point in time, anyone know?

Unsure how it affects interview ratio, however there is 10 seats less because of QuARMS and 3 seats less because of the first class of MD/PHD going into first year. So there is only 87 seats this year.

I think the number floating around is 468 interviews, which makes sense if there are fewer seats... so the chances are still around 18-20% if you don't consider waitlist movement. No idea how much it moves at this point in time, anyone know?

If were them I would just interview the same number of people, but that's just me

Wondering this too. I've been told that applicants interviewing were sent another email with a ton of information in the past. Can anyone who's interviewing for March 7/8 confirm this?

I haven't gotten anything and I interview on the 7th. I think the "ton of information" email you're referring to is the information contained on here: https://meds.queensu.ca/central/community/mdinterviews

I emailed them about this yesterday and here's their reply, I'm assuming that they're trying to say that the interview is NOT that entire time.

Hello,

No you will not be receiving any other correspondence from us. You can expect to be about 2-3 hours, though the interview is the that entire time.

-Please ensure you arrive at least 15 minutes in advance for your check-IN. Please note that Sunday March 8th is Daylight saving time.

Good luck

Regards,

Queen’s School of Medicine Admissions

Hmm, apparently I received one on February 27th last year. I guess they're not doing that this year.

So that would mean that I'm not allowed to say what was in that document. Also, it may have changed anyway. I wouldn't want to start giving potentially false information.

Does anybody know whether or not we're allowed to take notes outside of the interview room for our 2 minutes? Any info would be much appreciated!!

This is a question that should be sent to the admission/interview committee. Unless specifically emailed to you, no one on here should have this information.

Hey guys, I just have a question about the interview day: it says on the email that we should be expect to be there 3 and a 1/2 hours...isn't that like, really long? Is the mmi that long? I was in and out of Western in an hour lol. Just wondering why Queens is so long. Sounds exhausting!

Thanks!

Hey guys, I just have a question about the interview day: it says on the email that we should be expect to be there 3 and a 1/2 hours...isn't that like, really long? Is the mmi that long? I was in and out of Western in an hour lol. Just wondering why Queens is so long. Sounds exhausting!

Thanks!

At Mcgill, we had to be there for like 5 hours. I suppose they'll just make u sit through presentations and what not while other circuits are on going. 

I haven't gotten anything and I interview on the 7th. I think the "ton of information" email you're referring to is the information contained on here: https://meds.queensu.ca/central/community/mdinterviews

I was  invited for an interview but I didn't get any information related to that site... Can I ask how you found out about this? I didn't see it on the Queen's School of Medicine site?

Will there be a clock/timer visible during each station to tell us how much time is left?

I'm just going to remind everyone, that if information regarding the interview was not made available to you in emails from admissions then we will not be able to release that information. One because we don't know it (the interview process may change year to year) and two because it's a breach of confidentiality, which applies to anyone who has interviewed here in the past.

All questions and concerns relating to the interview should be directed to:queensmd@queensu.ca

The admissions office is very diligent and will be able to adress your concerns in a timely manner. In addition, instructions will be given before you enter the actual interview.

Or any general interview day questions can be sent to our Vice Pres at queensmdinterviews@gmail.com She would love to answer anything questions you've got :)

I was  invited for an interview but I didn't get any information related to that site... Can I ask how you found out about this? I didn't see it on the Queen's School of Medicine site?

Hi Rinzler,

There should have been an email attachment from our president and vice president to all invited candidates in your interview confirmation email. It had the link to this website. Check the email address that Queens Admissions emailed you at, and make sure to check your junk mail.

Hi Rinzler,

There should have been an email attachment from our president and vice president to all invited candidates in your interview confirmation email. It had the link to this website. Check the email address that Queens Admissions emailed you at, and make sure to check your junk mail.

Thank you Dassy, it was in fact sent to my junk mail for some reason.

I guess I don't have anything else to ask other than "how do you deal with the fact that the odds are terrible?". Having 500 interviewees and only 87 spots without much of a wait list movement is certainly discouraging. How did you guys deal with it when you were going through it?

Archived