Premed 101 Forums
aposter

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2019

TIME STAMP: February 14th 3:50 PM

Interview Date: Saturday March 2nd

Result: Invite

wGPA: 3.92 I think

MCAT: met cutoffs

ECs: a few pubs, presentations, some kind of cool employment experiences I think, somewhat of a theme in my activities I would say, no clubs 

Essays: worked on them for a couple of months, had one person review, they felt good

Year: Masters

Geography: IP

I think one of my reference letters may have been bad or at least not great. Other 2 I am 99% sure would have been excellent. Just throwing that out there in case it helps someone. 

TIME STAMP: February 14th 3:05 PM

Interview Date: Saturday March 2nd

Result: Invite :D

wGPA: 3.98 

MCAT: 513 (lowest section is 125)

ECs: lots of tutoring, facilitating and mentorship roles, advocacy roles, and some but not so significant research

Year: year off after BSc

Geography: IP

TIME STAMP: 1:28PM Feb 20 2019

Interview Date: March 30th 2018

Result: Interview (MD)

cGPA:  3.97 ish

MCAT: 521 (131/127/131/132)

ECs: Unique and diverse (see my older posts for more info). In terms of research: one 2nd author manuscript waiting to be published, one poster presentation, one NSERC-USRA

Essays: I spent a solid week on them and had 3-4 people proofread them! Didn't mention my research in any of my essays cause I felt like most applicants would do that and I wanted to be different 

Year: 4th year BSc

Geography: Living in Ontario, permanent address in BC

1 hour ago, onesieluv said:

TIME STAMP: 1:28PM Feb 20 2019

Interview Date: March 30th 2018

cGPA:  3.97 ish

MCAT: 521 (131/127/131/132)

ECs: Unique and diverse (see my older posts for more info). In terms of research: one 2nd author manuscript waiting to be published, one poster presentation, one NSERC-USRA

Essays: I spent a solid week on them and had 3-4 people proofread them! Didn't mention my research in any of my essays cause I felt like most applicants would do that and I wanted to be different 

Geography: Living in Ontario, permanent address in BC

I know this isn't the place for discussion but I wonder if they gave you so much time in advance for the interview because of your BC address 

TIMESTAMP: 12:29PM Feb 20 2019

Interview Date: March 30th, 2018

cGPA:  3.97ish

MCAT: 518 (130 Chem/130 Bio/ 130 CARS /128 Psych/Soc)

ECs: Nothing extravagant, but diverse. A mix of coaching, research, mentorship, and athletics, from HS to current. Message for more info! 

Essays: Spent like 2 weeks on them, and had them proofread by a few people before submitting, same with extended ABS. Tried to maintain structure in all of them, and also related CANMEDS concepts as best I could, while still making things flow well. 

Geography: OOP (Sask)