Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

2 hours ago, rachelstar said:

I'm in OT at uoft right now, tons of students did a master's before! It seems like Uoft likes admitting students who have one. Definitely worth it if you don't get in this round, I also got much stronger references from my masters, but that may also be because my undergrad program was  big. 

Hey can I PM you? Currently really confused and looking for backups for OT and  not sure if any programs are still open now that its May. 

Hi all. Just came across this thread. Im looking to pursue PT in either Dal, McMaster or Western. I am an international student from Singapore. Would anyone be able to advice on the international student profile in these programs?

Thanks.

19 hours ago, OT1996 said:

Hey can I PM you? Currently really confused and looking for backups for OT and  not sure if any programs are still open now that its May. 

Sure! Tbh I'm not sure about what would still be open, I applied to different programs alongside OT at the time but yes PM me if you want!

25 minutes ago, rrxxccooll said:

I guess dal send offers to ip first?

Possibly. I didn't get anything and Im OOP Are you OOP too?

I asked McGill as well about hearing back but they just said to check the admissions guide for dates. Super confused at this point.

2 minutes ago, Psyched4OTPT said:

I’m assuming it’s unlikely that the FGS (faculty of graduate studies) would deny acceptance unless a prerequisite is missing or smth right (for dal OT)?

I don't think I have heard of someone being denied by FGS. I think the program is too competitive. Im sure OT admissions wouldn't offer if they thought FGS would deny.