Premed 101 Forums

Acceptance letter release date?

1 hour ago, peiapplicant said:

Lol this is certainly not going to happen. At the bare minimum the learning will all be done online or self-study. 

Zero chance of that happening 

1 hour ago, Left Line said:

If Covid-19 becomes a year long crisis, who’s to say they don’t either delay or forego a 2020 entrance class?

I actually heard from people currently in med school that this may be a possibility if the COVID-19 situation doesn't improve by a certain timeline. It would affect all incoming classes nation-wide.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, Goldfish123 said:

I actually heard from people currently in med school that this may be a possibility if the COVID-19 situation doesn't improve by a certain timeline. It would affect all incoming classes nation-wide.

If true, this would have a lasting effect on the health care system for decades to come. Hospitals depend on med students as a part of the workforce.

17 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

I can’t see that being the case, sounds to me like someone is trying to get some enjoyment by creating a bit of panic for some current applicants... imagine the long term effects that would have on our healthcare system. I know some hospitals in my province that don’t have residents but do have 3rd and 4th year clerks and rely a lot of them.

7 minutes ago, Anaik said:

I can’t see that being the case, sounds to me like someone is trying to get some enjoyment by creating a bit of panic for some current applicants... imagine the long term effects that would have on our healthcare system. I know some hospitals in my province that don’t have residents but do have 3rd and 4th year clerks and rely a lot of them.

Not trying to cause fear or panic at all! This is speaking from an experience in Ontario, so might not be relevant here.

29 minutes ago, Goldfish123 said:

Not trying to cause fear or panic at all! This is speaking from an experience in Ontario, so might not be relevant here.

Didn’t mean to accuse you! Just thinking of why someone might say that.. who knows maybe it is a real concern. Apologies!

8 minutes ago, Chels1267 said:

Honestly I'm not ruling out anything at this point, with 5 more presumptive cases being announced it seems like NS is heading in a bad direction, who knows how long this will last.

We have a largely geriatric population so we're gonna get hit hard I predict. But I trust the admissions team will send out the invitations in April, hopefully closer to the beginning of the month.

Hey guys! 

I work at Dal in & around the Tupper Building, and it looks as though the University is on its' way to shutting down (which makes sense why the decision letters will not be coming out until April).  I will be sure to post here once the schol opens back up to faculty & staff, as hopefully that will be an indication on decision letter release! 

Wishing everyone the best of luck.  Stay safe and stay healthy

17 minutes ago, Anon12563 said:

Nope, didn’t come through. I’m an NB applicant so I’m wondering if that’s why.

Did you interview? Do you have any other emails they could have emailed you on? 

You could email them and ask but it is most likely just an email error issue with you, I would not worry about it. all they said in the email was basically to stay safe and the letters will be out in April. 

I heard rumours from one of the students that applications are all done being scored.. not sure if that means decisions are made up yet necessarily. Also not sure how reliable the information is as I’m not sure how involved the students are in the process aside from interviewing