Jump to content
Premed 101 Forums
BabyYoda

Update on March 28/29 Interview?

Recommended Posts

Nothing on my end yet. I'm nervous about how they'll do the panel interviews. One of the other schools doing virtual MMI is using Kira Talent, where they'll upload a video response to each question but theres no live panel interaction... really hope that doesn't end up being the case for Western. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Britesharpie93 said:

Nothing on my end yet. I'm nervous about how they'll do the panel interviews. One of the other schools doing virtual MMI is using Kira Talent, where they'll upload a video response to each question but theres no live panel interaction... really hope that doesn't end up being the case for Western. :( 

Panel interviews are easier to do online than mmis. So I don't think that would be the case. I think Alberta(?) did online panel interviews and they went fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange they still haven't said anything about it, I haven't even gotten a confirmation email or anything that my photo and non-disclosure agreement have been received so I don't know if they just don't bother to send that or if I need to submit it somewhere else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Eddie1 said:

Strange they still haven't said anything about it, I haven't even gotten a confirmation email or anything that my photo and non-disclosure agreement have been received so I don't know if they just don't bother to send that or if I need to submit it somewhere else

They did receive it through email cause my NDA had a problem (date wasn’t showing up properly) and they emailed me back to fix it. I think they just might not be sending a confirmation email about receiving the documents. It is weird that we haven’t received any new information about the virtual interview :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the email they mention at a headset and mic are required "to have the most successful interview experience". I don't own one and I don't want to purchase one now. I've always been able to use the built in speaker and mic on my computer just fine. Do you guys think that will be OK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zuk said:

In the email they mention at a headset and mic are required "to have the most successful interview experience". I don't own one and I don't want to purchase one now. I've always been able to use the built in speaker and mic on my computer just fine. Do you guys think that will be OK?

I called them about this and they said you don’t have to use one but they recommend using either a headset or even just earphones w a mic  so that they can hear you better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 8:32 AM, Zuk said:

In the email they mention at a headset and mic are required "to have the most successful interview experience". I don't own one and I don't want to purchase one now. I've always been able to use the built in speaker and mic on my computer just fine. Do you guys think that will be OK?

I'm probably not going to use any earphones and just use my built in computer mic as well, as I find earphones distracting and they echo a bit. I'm sure it will be fine!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anonymous678 said:

Has anyone interviewing on the 28th received an email from the company Western mentioned they’re using for interviews? 

I'm interviewing on the 29th but no, I haven't received anything yet...

 

I know it's a difficult situation but western probably should be sending out all the info we need atleast a week before the interviews.... If they send it out on Friday, that's literally 1-2 days before the interview dates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also interviewing on the 28th, haven't heard anything from VidCruiter yet. Planning on calling if I don't get an email by tomorrow morning, this whole leaving it to the last minute situation is isn't exactly ideal and is probably causing a lot of interviewees undue stress. The last thing you want to hear is that you'll be contacted in "the next few days" when your interview is 2 days away :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! 

I'm interviewing at western for dentistry, we're alos using VidCruiter. I'm just wondering if you guys have all of your interviews at the same time, because we have ours april 4th, at 1pm. Or do you guys have your original time slots, and it's just moved online?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, inininini said:

Hey guys! 

I'm interviewing at western for dentistry, we're alos using VidCruiter. I'm just wondering if you guys have all of your interviews at the same time, because we have ours april 4th, at 1pm. Or do you guys have your original time slots, and it's just moved online?

Ours have stayed the same as they were scheduled before with some minute changes, like mine is pushed to 2:15 from 2 pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...