Premed 101 Forums

Western Waitlist Party 2019-2020

Lets discuss waitlist movement! 

• High: "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have received an offer of admission."
  • Normal: "Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List."
  • Low: "In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission."

If we got accepted to another school, and got waitlisted at Western, we won't be able to come off the waitlist correct? I have to accept the offer for the other school within 2 weeks but Western won't make offers to waitlisters until after that deadline has passed?

Is that correct guys?

Just now, takasugi said:

If we got accepted to another school, and got waitlisted at Western, we won't be able to come off the waitlist correct? I have to accept the offer for the other school within 2 weeks but Western won't make offers to waitlisters until after that deadline has passed?

Is that correct guys?

If you choose to accept the other offer (which you absolutely should), you take yourself off the western waitlist

Your intepretation is correct

Just now, William Osler said:

If you choose to accept the other offer (which you absolutely should), you take yourself off the western waitlist

Your intepretation is correct

So I'll never know if I would've gotten off the waitlist at Western :(

Mac and Western were my top two choices, it would have been nice to think about it....... But maybe I'm low-waitlisted so it doesn't even matter haha

I think everyone who didn't get accepted  got waitlisted this time around.... No one has reported a rejection so far. It sort of makes sense. It is probably a contingency in case they need to move further down the WL because of COVID-19 related reasons..A large chunk of these will of course turn out to be low WL tomorrow.

Just now, takasugi said:

So I'll never know if I would've gotten off the waitlist at Western :(

Mac and Western were my top two choices, it would have been nice to think about it....... But maybe I'm low-waitlisted so it doesn't even matter haha

Youre welcome to decline the Mac offer and wait it out with Western as well!

2 minutes ago, Aegean said:

I think everyone who didn't get accepted  got waitlisted this time around.... No one has reported a rejection so far. It sort of makes sense. It is probably a contingency in case they need to move further down the WL because of COVID-19 related reasons..A large chunk of these will of course turn out to be low WL tomorrow.

I thought this last year, and felt suuuuuper bad when I was rejected because of it. Western rejects people, if you got rejected don't feel too bad, you are not the only one. (edit - not you specifically, anyone reading this.)

1 minute ago, Aegean said:

Unfortunately, I feel like your suspcions are correct. You can essentially treat low WL as a R which is good from a closure pov

6 minutes ago, dynamite17 said:

Also waitlisted. And the countdown resets lol

This is a much longer cutdown with no clear endpoint

If you're high or low waitlist, you're put out of the misery one way or another (high WL = offer, low WL = reject)

If you're normal waitlist then thats a special type of purgatory I would not wish on my worst enemy