Premed 101 Forums

Western Waitlist Party 2019-2020

41 minutes ago, theevilsloth said:

@anonymouspanda Last year I think I was the only person to post a rejection. It can be tough, especially at a school like Western that directly rejects a smaller amount of applicants due to some getting low waitlist.

I was directly rejected last year too. Felt terrible and wondered for the longest time if I messed up the summarization portion. It definitely is v v hard to post a rejection so I appreciate you for that. Just gotta keep at it. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Jackson said:

I was directly rejected last year too. Felt terrible and wondered for the longest time if I messed up the summarization portion. It definitely is v v hard to post a rejection so I appreciate you for that. Just gotta keep at it. 

Yeah, after I made a post I had a couple of people DM me that they had gotten rejected, there are def a lot more than you would think. Good luck getting off the WL this year!!!

Just now, William Osler said:

Might as well get use to the waiting now. If youre high waitilst youll be scooped up by June

If youre normal waitlist then buckle in lol

i'm high waitlist but i've got an offer at mac so it's kind of looking like i need to take that..... :/

1 hour ago, Owns123 said:

Does anyone know what proportion of the normal waitlist gets accepted?

I've seen someone on this forum say that 1/2 or 1/3 of normal waitlist gets accepted. I'm not sure how that'll change this year 

Last year they gave those on the high wait list the Windsor campus pretty much right off the bat so I'm assuming then that the waitlist moved a lot less (?) since the Windsor campus has 38 seats with some of those seats already gone by those who selected Windsor as their first choice.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

5 minutes ago, Scrubadubdub said:

I've seen someone on this forum say that 1/2 or 1/3 of normal waitlist gets accepted. I'm not sure how that'll change this year 

Last year they gave those on the high wait list the Windsor campus pretty much right off the bat so I'm assuming then that the waitlist moved a lot less (?) since the Windsor campus has 38 seats with some of those seats already gone by those who selected Windsor as their first choice.

This is accurate. Last year was apparently weird in that way though so really not sure what will happen this year!

33 minutes ago, swomenapp said:

I was low waitlisted. I'm devastated. Seems like im the only (?) swomen app who is in that position. Truly devastated.

I'm so sorry. I feel pretty confident in saying that you are not the only one. A lot of applicants don't go on premed101 from the get go or they come on here, but don't have an account to post with. If you got an interview this year, you can also get an interview next year. Sending out positive vibes your way today @swomenapp

34 minutes ago, swomenapp said:

I was low waitlisted. I'm devastated. Seems like im the only (?) swomen app who is in that position. Truly devastated.

It may feel that way now, but I guarantee you aren't the only one. People generally don't like to post bad news online, especially if they feel alone. There are always very few low WL and rejection posts for Western for some reason.

2 hours ago, CHG said:

This is accurate. Last year was apparently weird in that way though so really not sure what will happen this year!

2 hours ago, Scrubadubdub said:

Do you guys happen to know if last year any of the accepted applicants with "unspecified" campus also ended up at Windsor?

28 minutes ago, redbeanbun said:

Do you guys happen to know if last year any of the accepted applicants with "unspecified" campus also ended up at Windsor?

I'm not entirely certain - I'm sorry, I know that isn't helpful.

completely anecdotally - usually accepted unspecified end up at their first choice campus. I imagine they list you as unspecified because you are currently listed at your second choice campus, but they know a certain proportion will decline their offer and there will likely be room for you at your first choice (if that makes sense). Waitlisters will be informed of which campus their offer is attached to when they get the call. Again this is all going off of experience, and I'm unaware if there is any firm stats/info surrounding this specifically. 

hope that helps! :)