Premed 101 Forums

May 15Th, 2015 Support Thread

Does anyone know what the proportion is between the numbers of selected applicants & interviewed applicants: 75%-80%, 80%-85%, 85%-90%, >90%? Every year it may be slightly different. But there might be a ratio. Using last year's stats as an reference: the interviewed applicants of this year may be: 105 of >90%, 250 of 85%-90%, 250 of 80%-85%, 50 of 75%-80%, in total 655.  :rolleyes:

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what the proportion is between the numbers of selected applicants & interviewed applicants: 75%-80%, 80%-85%, 85%-90%, >90%? Every year it may be slightly different. But there might be a ratio. Using last year's stats as an reference: the interviewed applicants of this year may be: 105 of >90%, 250 of 85%-90%, 250 of 80%-85%, 50 of 75%-80%, in total 655.  :rolleyes:

Probably not too predictive of a measure anyways haha.  

"If you take the exam in September or later your scores will not be reviewed in this application cycle. This might be an option to consider if you are happy with your scores but are required to take MCAT 2015 for application to a different medical school (as long as they accept September test dates, of course)."

I was considering this, but Calgary and Alberta haven't updated their MCAT deadlines yet, so I have to assume that the Aug. 22nd date is the last one for them as well. Sigh.

Last year acceptances were about 9:30-10AM, waitlist was 10-10:30, acceptances were 11-11:30ish... give or take a bit.  I suspect acceptances also come in 4 waves given that there are 4 campuses to consider.

thanks this is exactly what i noticed by looking at last years thread :) 

Worst feeling in the world is trying to sleep in late the day of, somehow waking up early

and then sitting by your phone/laptop/OAS portal waiting for the result

This year I will be sitting outside in the sun  :D

Worst is when you're in EST and have to wait until the afternoon for everything  <_<

Bah this is absolute torcher. One minute I'm thinking about how amazing it would be to get an offer, then a mere 5 seconds later I start panicking and realize there's no chance in hell I'll be accepted. If I could sleep until about 12 tomorrow I'd be sooooooo happy, but alas, work :(

Bah this is absolute torcher. One minute I'm thinking about how amazing it would be to get an offer, then a mere 5 seconds later I start panicking and realize there's no chance in hell I'll be accepted. If I could sleep until about 12 tomorrow I'd be sooooooo happy, but alas, work :(

I like your signature... Lol

Archived