Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Interview Discussion 2016

This might sound dumb but when do we meet other candidates during our interview day? Do we just do the interview and then leave? Or is there an orientation/tour etc. afterwards? I know we have to be there 45 minutes before our interview time. Any insight would be appreciated!

I'm sure we'll find out more details when Admissions emails us with all the information about interview day! I hope there is a tour of the facilities... never been to Ottawa and would love to get a feel for the campus :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure we'll find out more details when Admissions emails us with all the information about interview day! I hope there is a tour of the facilities... never been to Ottawa and would love to get a feel for the campus :)

Do applicants usually get a tour before or after their interviews? I feel like I would want it after just b/c I think im going to be so nervous about the interview....

Did anyone get an email from UOttawa with the interview information package attachment, yet there was no attachment? 

Yes.

I assume someone else will email them and it will be sorted out in the next few hours. Just wait it out.

EDIT: Literally right after I posted this they re-sent the email with the attachment. Check your email!

The detailed information about the interview day arrived this morning and the package states that if you want to participate in the tours and/or information sessions you are supposed to sign up when you register for your interview. But all of the tours and info sessions are BEFORE my interview. Does this mean I am supposed to register for my interview 5 hours early (rather than 45 minutes early) so that I actually have time to make it to the as of yet unknown location of said tour/info session in time for it to start?

The detailed information about the interview day arrived this morning and the package states that if you want to participate in the tours and/or information sessions you are supposed to sign up when you register for your interview. But all of the tours and info sessions are BEFORE my interview. Does this mean I am supposed to register for my interview 5 hours early (rather than 45 minutes early) so that I actually have time to make it to the as of yet unknown location of said tour/info session in time for it to start?

I will say this in general - the people running all these interview sessions (at all schools) really, really care about the applicants and aren't going to create some system that causes you untold pain etc. No one is going to require something insanely stupid :) Just doesn't work that way.

Question: If the committee has your ABS, do they also have access to your MCAT scores? I scored poorly in one of the sections and ideally would not want the committee to see this score. I know ottawa doesnt use your mcat scores for pre-interview assessments, but do they have it for the interview evaluations? 

Question: If the committee has your ABS, do they also have access to your MCAT scores? I scored poorly in one of the sections and ideally would not want the committee to see this score. I know ottawa doesnt use your mcat scores for pre-interview assessments, but do they have it for the interview evaluations? 

You have no control of this so why be concerned over it. You should focus your concerns on preparing for the interview rather than things out of your control.  

it is my concern b/c if they , by chance, mention it after seeing it i want to have a valid explanation for it...

So then make one and move on. I'm sure you don't need to write a novel for your explanation. It's probably going to take you 5 minutes to come up with a well worded explanation whereas you're spending much more time and mental resources on trying to figure out if they even have access to it. Anyways, I don't think you'll be able to get an accurate answer unless there is someone on here who is/has actually been involved in the admissions process. All I'm trying to say is to not let something like this stress you out. 

ok I don't know the system at Ottawas BUT there is a general theory that most schools follow - they avoid adding in things that can bias an interview that the admissions committee has already decided is not relevant. For instance Western doesn't use the sketch - thus the interviews as they have made known don't have access to it. Toronto reviews everything - so they have access to everything and so on.

I would very much doubt Ottawa would let the mcat score be revealed if they already decided it is not to be used. There would be no logical way of doing that - and as various people would use it differently it would add confusion where confusion is not needed.

just some thoughts.

I double checked my email address on omsas and it seems I entered my email as @gmail.ca instead of @gmail.com. I have corrected in now on OMSAS but I know how long that will take. who should I contact from Ottawa to get the email? is this the best way to reach them admissmd@uottawa.ca??

thx 

Hi everyone! 

So I contacted Ottawa and I asked them to update my email address on file and they confirmed that they did but it has been over 6 days now and I have not heard anything from them. I tried to email again to ask when I can expect to receive an email about my interview status and this is the response I got: 

"I wish to inform you that we cannot predict if you will receive an email regarding the status of your application to our MD program."

I am not sure what I should do now. Any suggestions?

I would call them. Or if you live in Ottawa, I would probably go to the admissions office

Hi everyone!

So I contacted Ottawa and I asked them to update my email address on file and they confirmed that they did but it has been over 6 days now and I have not heard anything from them. I tried to email again to ask when I can expect to receive an email about my interview status and this is the response I got:

"I wish to inform you that we cannot predict if you will receive an email regarding the status of your application to our MD program."

I am not sure what I should do now. Any suggestions?

Hi, Ottawa interview invitees, I have my Ottawa interview scheduled for Sat, March 19th. Just wondering if anyone with interview dates March 8, 9, or 10 (first pref) or March 4 (second pref) would like to swap with me. Please send me a message ASAP or email me at woogle22@yahoo.com. thanks.

• Leon unpinned this topic

Archived