Premed 101 Forums
rmorelan

Ottawa 2018 Interview Invites/Rejections

Invite!! :D

Time Stamp: 29/1/2018 6:27 pm
Stream: English
wGPA: approx. 3.95
Current year: Graduated from UG; currently working
ECs: Lots of research, community volunteering and work experience                                                                                                                                                        Casper: Honestly, I didn't think it went well at all. I couldn't complete some of my responses for the 3rd question. I am not a great typist, so I struggled with answering questions under the time limit. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. I had no hope of securing an interview at Ottawa. I am so grateful for the opportunity! 

7 hours ago, Galaxy123 said:

Invite!!
Time Stamp: January 29, 7:14 pm NST
wGPA: 3.81
Current year: 4th
ECs: Average... lots of different work and educational experiences in Canada and abroad

Casper: Did VERY little prep, answered honestly

Damn, I thought there was a 3.85 wGPA cut off. I guess not?

Invite !!!!! Genuinely humbled by this one

Time Stamp: 29/1/2018 6:31 pm
wGPA: 3.97
Current year: Graduated from UG; currently working
ECs: Lots of volunteering and work experience                                                                     Casper: I thought it went quite well. Maybe 1-2 questions where I wasn't able to finish my thought, but overall was confident!

Was in tears when I got the email. I  applied the last two cycles with no interview invites. 

Invite!!!!!!!!!!
Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 6:25PM
wGPA: 3.915
Current year: Completed my MPH
ECs: Pretty varied. Some research with no pubs. A lot of volunteering with older populations (who I hope to work with in the future). I didn't think they were too strong overall, compared to some of the other posts I see on this site. 

Casper: Felt good about it.Gave my honest opinion on each question. 

Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 6:45PM
wGPA: 3.94
Current year: 3rd year undergrad
ECs: Not that great I guess. Research experience over past 2 summers and throughout the last 3 years but no pubs. Some long-term volunteering with mental health and some leadership roles but nothing that exciting. Definitely need to work on it.

Casper: Pretty okay, lots of questions seemed obvious. Got an invite at Mac so not awful.

Rejection :(
Time Stamp: 29/01/2018 - 6:44 PM
wGPA: 3.98
Current year: 4th year
ECs: 3+ years research, community volunteering, mentoring, cultural events, extracurricular teaching, shadowing

Casper: Was probably ok, but answered only a couple lines for each question. Got McGill invite, so probably not too bad.

Hi everyone,

Question for the ones that got interviews. Have you received the email providing information about the interviews? It has been over 48 hours since I received my interview invite, but still no email about interview format.

Thanks 

EDIT: I received my email this morning 8am mountain time. 

Edited by s111

5 hours ago, s111 said:

Hi everyone,

Question for the ones that got interviews. Have you received the email providing information about the interviews? It has been over 48 hours since I received my interview invite, but still no email about interview format.

Thanks 

Hey s111, I also haven’t received an email with info about the interviews. I got an email confirming receipt of my confirmation of attendance, but nothing else yet. Please post if you hear anything, and I will do the same! 

Invite!
wGPA: 3.88
Current year: 4th Year Ug
ECs: Diverse but nothing amazing: Volunteering with vulnerable populations, sports, student government experience, worked throughout undergrad, research (no pubs, some presentations), etc.

Casper: Felt okay, it was my second time writing it so maybe I did better than expected

Incredibly surprised to have gotten an Ottawa invite given my relatively low GPA