Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread 2021

16 hours ago, garceyues said:

I'm feeling like there will be at least one or two more waves of offers that go out. As far as I know WL offers have only gone out on two days so far, the most recent of which was this Tuesday. I think we might have another batch go out tomorrow  

Do they send out offers on weekends? 

4 minutes ago, NThopeful94 said:

Update by Dr. P! There are only 10 spots left and they will be doing rolling offers for now on. Next update will be when the class of filled. I wonder if that also means the all of the OOP seats are filled?

Looks like we are in the final stretch here :( I wonder if any offers went out yesterday or today? 

28 minutes ago, NThopeful94 said:

Update by Dr. P! There are only 10 spots left and they will be doing rolling offers for now on. Next update will be when the class of filled. I wonder if that also means the all of the OOP seats are filled?

I don't think that would necessarily mean the OOP seats would be filled... sometimes they don't even reach their max 15% so if an OOP is next up on the waitlist they could very well get an offer. My 2 cents anyway.. haha

1 hour ago, garceyues said:

Looks like we are in the final stretch here :( I wonder if any offers went out yesterday or today? 

I’m probably reading into things, but with the blog post today starting with “Good evening” but being posted sometime around or before 12pm MST, it makes me feel like some offers are scheduled to go out this late afternoon or evening. But likely it’ll be tomorrow

I wish they told us how many offers went out/where we are at in the waitlist. 10 seats left is tiny, maybe they could let the last 50/100 people on the WL know it’s slim looking at this point. This has definitely been an intense cycle for sure. Feeling disheartened but eh, time to mentally prepare to do it all over again

Edit: I’m really grateful to have interviewed and been WL’d, it’s just a little sad now and glad to have this community to rant in

Congrats to everyone that got an offer earlier today!

Most if not all of the 10 offers that went out today will likely be filled. Maybe the WL will move a bit with the odd person giving up their seat/deposit or turning down their WL offer, so I'm thinking its safe to say the chances of getting off the WL are pretty remote at this point :( 

12 hours ago, earthling2024 said:

Hi everyone, I just wanted to pop in and mention that I was grateful enough to receive an Offer (was on the waitlist) this afternoon at 3:30 MST, I am in in-province applicant. I have accepted it and am very excited for the journey ahead!! I hope everyone is taking care of their mental health during this time, I wish more will hear good news in the weeks to come. 

Thanks for this update and congratulations!