Premed 101 Forums

UofT Waitlist Thread 2021

Alright, thought I'd get the ball rolling on this year's thread 

Anyone have any info on the UofT waitlist? Number of people that get in? Waitlist size? When we can expect to hear back?

If anyone is planning on declining their offer feel free to post here as well!

1 hour ago, Dreamschool said:

Does anyone know if U of T has separate waitlists for St. George and Mississauga campus ?

Thanks in advance for your insight .

I dont think so bc they said the campus you choose would have no bearing on your admission. How it probably works is they fill up each campus by rank, if after initial offers are out there is only space in one campus the wl offers would be from the other campus. Just speculation but I think that makes the most sense

14 hours ago, Dreamschool said:

Does anyone know if U of T has separate waitlists for St. George and Mississauga campus ?

Thanks in advance for your insight .

13 hours ago, AB27 said:

I dont think so bc they said the campus you choose would have no bearing on your admission. How it probably works is they fill up each campus by rank, if after initial offers are out there is only space in one campus the wl offers would be from the other campus. Just speculation but I think that makes the most sense

Can confirm this is how it works, the waitlist for both campuses is the same, so wherever there's space is where you end up (usually MAM, but not always, Mississauga's been rising in popularity in recent years).

2 hours ago, TheFlyGuy said:

Can confirm this is how it works, the waitlist for both campuses is the same, so wherever there's space is where you end up (usually MAM, but not always, Mississauga's been rising in popularity in recent years).

I was inquiring because I can across the attached on the UofT site, in which it states you “can not change the campus of your offer or go to the waitlist of another campus” . This is found on https://applymd.utoronto.ca/accepting-your-offer.

1 hour ago, Dreamschool said:

I was inquiring because I can across the attached on the UofT site, in which it states you “can not change the campus of your offer or go to the waitlist of another campus” . This is found on https://applymd.utoronto.ca/accepting-your-offer.

I think they just mean that once you are given an offer, you cannot switch campuses. In that sense, no waitlist really exists for each campus. I'd be surprised if they were referring to the actual waitlist that we're on. 

22 hours ago, MasherMD said:

Thank you to everyone declining! Not all heroes wear capes huh

Got waitlisted at 9:52! Not sure about the separate campus waitlists, though I've seen most people say they got their WL emails at 9:52

My last name is in the H - K range, seems like it could just be alphabetical

37 minutes ago, fallingupstairs_sn said:

Got my waitlist email at 9:53am. Last name N-P. range This was my only interview. Very curious how many people are actually on the waitlist. 

I'm guessing there might be waitlist movement tomorrow or the day after, since the first-wave deadline is today (right?).

13 minutes ago, melikit said:

Did anyone notice that the u of t oweek website mentions 268 students. People on discord pointed out that the number probably includes deferrals from last year. Does anyone know if this will impact the waitlist movement? 

Actually this may just include the international and dnd students. The afmc says that u of t keeps up to 10 seats for these students.