Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

23 minutes ago, dib1141 said:

Does anyone have any idea 1) how big Westerns OT waitlist is, and 2) typical movement they see? They didn’t say the size on the email and someone here said Westerns PT waitlist was like 200 people.. so seeing if anyone else knows more so I can decide if I need to accept defeat lol

I think the person who said its 200 was referring to PT.  But maybe  OT waitlist is the same.  If it helps I accepted my Mac OT offer so that should help the waitlist.  good luck.

5 hours ago, otplsss said:

I inquired this morning and they said they haven’t sent out the second round of acceptances yet. I’m assuming there will be some movement soon! 

Hey just a little more info on this! I got accepted and I’m currently waiting for them to update the portal so I can officially accept their offer. Once they do this for everyone, I bet there will be some movement :)

38 minutes ago, OTuofa22 said:

I just got off the waitlist for UofA OT, I was wondering how do you accept the offer on the application portal, what is the application portal that they are referring to? 

Congrats!! I’m assuming they’re referring to GSMS, the portal that you sent your application into! I got accepted first round and they still haven’t updated mine, so I’m not sure when that will happen 

1 hour ago, OTuofa22 said:

I just got off the waitlist for UofA OT, I was wondering how do you accept the offer on the application portal, what is the application portal that they are referring to? 

I also just got off the UofA waitlist for OT! Congrats!! My portal hasn't been updated either, hopefully they update the portal soon 

Edit: I re-read the acceptance email and it says that once they receive your form/payment, then they will update the GSMS portal!

13 minutes ago, Spyrothedragon said:

I also just got off the UofA waitlist for OT! Congrats!! My portal hasn't been updated either, hopefully they update the portal soon 

Edit: I re-read the acceptance email and it says that once they receive your form/payment, then they will update the GSMS portal!

We’re you on the top or middle of the waitlist :) and congrats !!

11 hours ago, -PTea- said:

Congratulations! :)
If you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats? 

Thank you! This is my second time applying! I applied last year while I was just finishing up my fourth year so my last semester’s grades didn’t count, and I ended up not making it off the interview waitlist with a gpa of 3.71. 

This year with my last semester’s grades counted, I applied with a gpa of 3.93. I honestly didn’t know how to feel about the MMI! I did a lot of practice questions on my own or with my partner, and I did the MMI workshop held by the UofA career centre. I felt like my answers for some of the stations were a little short and I definitely feel like my interview skills could improve, but I tried my best to be genuine.

If you’re also on the waitlist, I hope you get to hear back soon! :) 

Hey everyone! This is a very silly question, apologies in advance, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. I've accepted my offer yesturday to UofT (yay), and then today my ORPAS has updated saying "Firmly Accepted" as my response. Is this all I need to do? I'm just wondering because the "Firmly Accepted" is linked to a page that makes me re-accept or decline my offer. I'm assuming this could just be because the offer hasn't expired yet, so I can still make changes to my response. But I just want to be 100% sure that I've accepted my offer properly. 

Applied (OT): UofT, McMaster, Western, Queens

Accepted: UofT (St. George), McMaster, Western, Queens

Waitlisted: 

Rejected: 

Chose: UofT 

S-GPA 3.96

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I had an OT student look over both of my essays and she said I used a lot of the OT language. I am not a very good writer though haha. I have a lot of volunteer experience within the community and around 100 clinical shadowing/volunteering hours with a PT/OT/PTA and at an exercise rehab gym. I spoke to these experiences and tailored other experiences to OT in my essays. 

I practiced for the MMI for around 2-3 weeks for a few hours a day leading up to it. I think went okay and I did the best on the written questions. I didn't stick to my plan of filling up 4 minutes then answering questions for 2 minutes. 

My Casper was in the 4th quartile. I practiced for it for around 1 month leading up to the test using prepmatch.com 10/10 would suggest it! 

My references were from a past professor I worked with for a semester on a research project and my work supervisor. I think both of these were strong.

If any future applicants have any questions, please reach out to me I would be happy to discuss the application process and help you as much as possible! 

14 hours ago, DreamPT said:

Hey everyone! This is a very silly question, apologies in advance, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something. I've accepted my offer yesturday to UofT (yay), and then today my ORPAS has updated saying "Firmly Accepted" as my response. Is this all I need to do? I'm just wondering because the "Firmly Accepted" is linked to a page that makes me re-accept or decline my offer. I'm assuming this could just be because the offer hasn't expired yet, so I can still make changes to my response. But I just want to be 100% sure that I've accepted my offer properly. 

You can leave it as it is, firmly accept. Then ORPAS will update your profile and eventually receive an email from the school :) Your good, don’t worry!

Last year, I emailed them in June and they promptly sent my letter that stated I was waitlisted.

I was accepted this year but had a question and received that automated response. I am not sure if they will send a letter for those waitlisted unless you ask for it. 

18 hours ago, soontobeot said:

Applied (OT): UofT, McMaster, Western, Queens

Accepted: UofT (St. George), McMaster, Western, Queens

Waitlisted: 

Rejected: 

Chose: UofT 

S-GPA 3.96

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I had an OT student look over both of my essays and she said I used a lot of the OT language well! I am not a very good writer though haha. I have a lot of volunteer experience within the community and around 100 clinical shadowing/volunteering hours with a PT/OT/PTA and at an exercise rehab gym. I spoke to these experiences and tailored other experiences to OT in my essays. 

I practiced for the MMI for around 2-3 weeks for a few hours a day leading up to it. I think went okay and I did the best on the written questions. I didn't stick to my plan of filling up 4 minutes then answering questions for 2 minutes but I guess I did well! 

My Casper was in the 4th quartile. I practiced for it for around 1 month leading up to the test using prepmatch.com 10/10 would suggest it! 

My references were from a past professor I worked with for a semester on a research project and my work supervisor. I think both of these were strongish.

Hey congrats on your acceptances!! It sounds like you had a really strong application! Can I ask why you chose UofT? I found I had a really hard time choosing between the programs! Thanks :)

4 minutes ago, PT_EP said:

I just got accepted to Queens off of the waitlist! I will be firmly accepting there, so there will be some movement on the Mac waitlist :)

Same here! It says that we have until June 3rd to "officially" accept, but does that mean we have to firmly accept that offer? Or can we still provisionally accept until the 7th? Congrats on the acceptance! 

8 minutes ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

Same here! It says that we have until June 3rd to "officially" accept, but does that mean we have to firmly accept that offer? Or can we still provisionally accept until the 7th? Congrats on the acceptance! 

I'm not sure! I was already provisionally accepted to Mac up until this point, so I will be firmly accepting my Queens offer as soon as it appears on ORPAS. I would ask Queens to confirm. Congrats to you as well!

8 hours ago, CanPhysio9000 said:

Hi there! Congrats! I just got my offer off the OT waitlist and was wondering the same question. Could you let me know if you find out? :)

First time applicant (in NS) 

Applied (All OT): Dal, Queen's, Western, McMaster 
Accepted: Dal, Queens
Waitlisted: Western
Rejected: McMaster
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa: cGPA 3.56 sGPA 3.75
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Casper 4th quartile, felt good about my personal statements, Community health volunteer experience with seniors in a physiotherapy program. Reference from the Dean of my school ( from my research co-op) and my professor that I was close with.

Going to Accept DAL, so I hope someone has movement at Queens and Western!