Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

6 minutes ago, FingersCrossed_OT said:

Anyone else who's accepted Mac OT get an email today saying the deposit for September start was June 1, but hasn't paid it yet since that email was the first I knew of the due date and actually how to pay it? I feel like it's probably fine?? but I'm stressed now

I only accepted today as I had unit midnight to respond so I doubt the fee is due today. As per their website its due June 30th. 

44 minutes ago, zerochance said:

Oh wow.  They already a have moved to the middle third of the waitlist…I’m very surprised they got there this quick.  I’m in the lower third so I thought my chances are basically zero but now I think I might have a very small chance….

Yes! I was very surprised I got the email this fast as well. There is hope!!

9 minutes ago, OTfall2022 said:

Hey! Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Dalhousie for OT? I still haven’t heard anything. 

Hey! I emailed them yesterday and this is the response I got, hopefully this helps :) :

-

The first round of offers of admission for the September 2022 intake for the MSc(OT) program were sent to students by email in May.

Offers of Admission are determined through a competitive ranking evaluation process, and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.

Qualified students who have not received an offer in the first round will be placed on a wait list.  Further offers of admission will be made to students on the waitlist throughout the summer as students confirm their intention to attend in the fall.

We thank you for your patience as we work to fill all of the available seats.

-

I'm not sure why they wouldn't just send this email to everyone who applied instead of leaving us all in the dark lol.

I just got off the waitlist for McMaster & earlier this week I got off of UofT, also originally accepted to Western. I have until Monday to decide before my Western provisionally acceptance turns firm. Can anyone give any insight between McMaster and Western? I am from Guelph & would choose Mac and commute (unless that’s unrealistic) and would have to move to London (don’t mind moving)… mostly educational wise I never thought I’d get into 1 school let alone 3…

My stats were also: 

Applied (OT): UofT, McMaster, Western, Queens

Accepted: Western

Waitlisted:  UofT (accepted Monday), McMaster (accepted today)

Rejected: Queens

Chose: ??!

S-GPA 3.87

4th Quartile Casper Score 

Second time applying, my summer courses increased my GPA, which got me an interview vs last year I didn’t & was waitlisted at Western & UofT and never got off of the waitlists! I did take the OTA/PTA diploma program & a bachelors arts of psychology. I was #67 on the McMaster waitlist as of Monday! 

1 hour ago, prayingforOT96 said:

I just got off the waitlist for McMaster & earlier this week I got off of UofT, also originally accepted to Western. I have until Monday to decide before my Western provisionally acceptance turns firm. Can anyone give any insight between McMaster and Western? I am from Guelph & would choose Mac and commute (unless that’s unrealistic) and would have to move to London (don’t mind moving)… mostly educational wise I never thought I’d get into 1 school let alone 3…

My stats were also: 

Applied (OT): UofT, McMaster, Western, Queens

Accepted: Western

Waitlisted:  UofT (accepted Monday), McMaster (accepted today)

Rejected: Queens

Chose: ??!

S-GPA 3.87

4th Quartile Casper Score 

Second time applying, my summer courses increased my GPA, which got me an interview vs last year I didn’t & was waitlisted at Western & UofT and never got off of the waitlists! I did take the OTA/PTA diploma program & a bachelors arts of psychology. I was #67 on the McMaster waitlist as of Monday! 

Honestly I would say U of T and Mac are better choices than Western. U of T offers a catchment area with many placements and specialty facilitieS and more emphasis on research. I’ve heard nothing but good things about U of T OT. For Mac, their learning style better prepares OTs for more abstract learning and collaboration, which is proven research wise for better learning outcomes

there’s lots of previous years discussions that go over pros and cons from different ppl on this forum! I would recommend searching!

Has anyone heard anything from UofA OT waitlist? I emailed on May 31st regarding movement but got an automatic response that said it could take up to 14 days to respond :(

I haven’t seen anyone post any movement since last Friday, which is weird since so many other schools have seemed to go through their waitlist at a faster pace. Maybe it’s because they are verifying payments/forms of those accepted this week/today?

13 hours ago, IWantOTPlz said:

Honestly I would say U of T and Mac are better choices than Western. U of T offers a catchment area with many placements and specialty facilitieS and more emphasis on research. I’ve heard nothing but good things about U of T OT. For Mac, their learning style better prepares OTs for more abstract learning and collaboration, which is proven research wise for better learning outcomes

there’s lots of previous years discussions that go over pros and cons from different ppl on this forum! I would recommend searching!

UofT catchment areas are considered a con for me only because of where I’m from, they’re all peel region or surrounding areas and if I commute to the Mississauga campus, my placements have minimal chance of being close to home & with gas prices recently it makes me want to commute less and less! I’m also not that into research, my whole undergrad was research based and honestly I would love a change! 

I’ve heard amazing things about McMasters program, and their program/teaching style which is why I’m considering there! I will definitely take a look at others, hoping maybe someone in Mac or Western OT already has any first hand experience/advice? 

14 hours ago, 101PT said:

Has anyone received any communication from Mac PT regarding a deposit? Haven't heard from then since I received an offer letter. 

Yea I did, but it was couple days after I got off the waitlist. I got my id numbers and other info necessary to set up my MacID few days after as well. I think the emails sent are staggered, but confirm with Amanda to be sure, as the due date is June 30th.  

1 minute ago, Cinnamongirl said:

Hi there! Congratulations to those who were accepted! 

Just wondering where do you locate on the waitlist  for Mcmaster OT if you got off this week? Thanks 

OH and if they emailed you or called you? I had received a call from unknown caller while I was working on Friday so I am not sure if I missed the important call. 

7 hours ago, Cinnamongirl said:

OH and if they emailed you or called you? I had received a call from unknown caller while I was working on Friday so I am not sure if I missed the important call. 

They emailed me "There has been an update to your application. You may view your application status in the application status portal" so I went into ORPAS and saw the offer! I was #67 on the waitlist when I emailed to ask on Monday! 

3 hours ago, prayingforOT96 said:

They emailed me "There has been an update to your application. You may view your application status in the application status portal" so I went into ORPAS and saw the offer! I was #67 on the waitlist when I emailed to ask on Monday! 

Thank you so much and congratulations!! 

I am placed on #64 on the waitlist so I am freaking out about why I did not get an update yet. Hopefully tomorrow they will answer my email. 

3 hours ago, zerochance said:

Anyone here on the lower third of westerns pt waitlist?  Wondering how we’re feeling about the chances of getting an offer

The likelihood of anyone getting an offer from the bottom third is like 2%?? ... There's what, like 150-200 people on the waitlist ? Does nobody want to go to Western if they go that far down the list ?