Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

Can anyone give some advice on choosing between the Calgary vs. Edmonton cohort for UofA OT? I love Calgary as a city, but I feel like since the cohort is small maybe the program education would be more immersive in Edmonton? I can't decide if I should request the Calgary cohort or not - please share your advice/experiences if you have any!! 

Also I'm a BC resident so regardless it'll be a big move haha 

1 hour ago, PThopeful1999 said:

Has anybody heard of any movement on UOttawa PT program for the fall? I contacted the school but they had very little to offer. Just said there were 41 wait listed applicants, but no sense of position within that list is available. 

I am on the waitlist and I have not heard anything today... It is also very hard to tell from previous year how the waitlist moves.. 

4 hours ago, futureontarioOT said:

Hi everyone! For those that have received an offer from Queen's OT on Monday off of the waitlist, congratulations! How long do you have to accept or decline? Also- has anybody decided if they will be accepting or declining yet? Thanks!

I got an offer for Queens OT on Monday from the waitlist. We have until June 3rd @ 4:00PM to accept. I will be accepting!

On 5/30/2022 at 8:25 AM, Hopeful2022 said:

Hi there! Congrats! I just got my offer off the OT waitlist and was wondering the same question. Could you let me know if you find out? :)

This is for PT, but I'm not 100% if OT will be the same. They said that you can either provisionally or firmly accept before the 3rd at 4pm as long as you select either one! At least from what they said, it seems after the 3rd, that the offer will expire from ORPAS. 

Applied (OT): UofT, McMaster, Western, Queens

Accepted: UofT, McMaster

Waitlisted:  Western (accepted today at 7:35AM), Queens (accepted Sunday 11:25PM)

Rejected: 

Chose: Western

S-GPA 3.92

C-GPA 3.43

I just wanted to thank everyone on here who answered my questions or contributed to the discussion on this forum. I found this thread last year, and I genuinely think it made a difference in preparing, writing and getting accepted into all 4 OT programs! I have firmly accepted my offer at Western OT today, opening up UofT and Queens for someone! Thanks again everyone 

3 hours ago, otpt2024 said:

Thank you!! It’s my third year applying so I’m very very happy. I was in the top third and received the email at 8:35am! 

Congrats on your acceptance and resilience :) 

Were you on Western’s waitlist all 3 years? I was placed in the top third of their waitlist but didn’t hear this morning so I’m curious if I have a chance..!! 

If anyone else knows anything about western OT movement, would love to hear <3

34 minutes ago, ooooooootpls said:

Congrats on your acceptance and resilience :) 

Were you on Western’s waitlist all 3 years? I was placed in the top third of their waitlist but didn’t hear this morning so I’m curious if I have a chance..!! 

If anyone else knows anything about western OT movement, would love to hear <3

Same. I am also in top third but have not heard from them. I wonder how many people are in the top third. Does anyone have any idea?