Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

5 hours ago, otstudent12345 said:

Hi! 

I am one of the OT student council presidents at Western - while the class list is still being finalized we will have a facebook group ready by the weekend for students who firmly accepted their offer. :)

Hope that helps and feel free to message me with any burning questions you may have!

Hi thank you. That sounds great :)

On 6/6/2022 at 12:20 PM, otplsss said:

Did you hear from them yet? I haven’t heard anything since last Friday either. I reached out near the end of May and they said they haven’t sent out the second round of acceptances but then later that day a few people made it off the waitlist. I also hope it’s because they are verifying payments/forms. 

On 6/6/2022 at 6:20 PM, ot20222222 said:

Nothing yet! Hopefully we hear something soon

On 6/6/2022 at 1:59 PM, 2022OTRMWDoodler said:

I also emailed them last week. No word from them yet. There auto-response says that they make an effort to respond to emails within 14 business days. I would think we should start seeing some movement especially this week as the Ontario schools provisional acceptances become firm acceptances, 

Just checking in with you guys – have you heard from UofA at all? The wait is making me antsy!

8 hours ago, otplsacceptme said:

Just checking in with you guys – have you heard from UofA at all? The wait is making me antsy!

Hey!! I haven’t heard anything yet :( the wait is making me antsy as well. Looking back at previous forums from past years, looks like they send out some more acceptances in July?? 

17 hours ago, otplsacceptme said:

9 hours ago, otplsss said:

Hey!! I haven’t heard anything yet :( the wait is making me antsy as well. Looking back at previous forums from past years, looks like they send out some more acceptances in July?? 

I think the checking of payments is finalized on June 13, so we should hear something this week hopefully! Should we make a UofA OT waitlist thread so we can all stress together hahaha

1 hour ago, ot20222222 said:

I think the checking of payments is finalized on June 13, so we should hear something this week hopefully! Should we make a UofA OT waitlist thread so we can all stress together hahaha

lol can we please make a UofA waitlist thread. I swear UofA is the only school with so little waitlist movement this year 

20 hours ago, Cinnamongirl said:

Hi everyone who got accepted to McMaster OT! Where do I pay my deposit? I just got off the waitlist this week. I saw they told us to go into account summary in the application portal, but I couldn’t find it anywhere :mellow: Thanks! 

Hey I am with the similar issue. Did u receive any student number or McMaster email? Because that’s the only way to activate our account. 

3 hours ago, PTH said:

Hey I am with the similar issue. Did u receive any student number or McMaster email? Because that’s the only way to activate our account. 

Hi! I did not receive any student number or email so maybe we just wait? I dont want my offer to be canceled just because I dont know where to pay!

18 hours ago, PTH said:

15 hours ago, Cinnamongirl said:

Hi! I did not receive any student number or email so maybe we just wait? I dont want my offer to be canceled just because I dont know where to pay!

McMaster's OT website says the deposit is due june 30, so hopefully you're both okay! I was only able to pay after getting my student number/barcode number so i could log onto mosaic - which is where the portal is

3 hours ago, FingersCrossed_OT said:

McMaster's OT website says the deposit is due june 30, so hopefully you're both okay! I was only able to pay after getting my student number/barcode number so i could log onto mosaic - which is where the portal is

Hey, thank you for replying. Did they email the student # recently? Because I got off the waiting list about a week ago. Or should I email them about our student #. 

On 6/11/2022 at 5:34 PM, otstudent12345 said:

Hellooo,

Just an update on this:

Unfortuantely, we did not receive a class list prior to the weekend and will have to postpone the creation of the group.

I will post the link to the group here as soon as we get the list!

Thank you for your patience!

Hi again all,

For everyone who has firmly accepted their offer to Western for occupational therapy here is the link for the facebook group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423695698094060

Feel free to use this as a resource to connect with each other for the time being!

1 hour ago, PTH said:

Hey, thank you for replying. Did they email the student # recently? Because I got off the waiting list about a week ago. Or should I email them about our student #. 

They emailed me the numbers on June 2, but I was accepted in the first round of offers so I'm not sure how long the wait between getting off the waitlist and getting the email is. I did feel like the wait between accepting my offer and getting the student number was a bit long though. Maybe give them another work day or two and then email them? I also got a different email from Mac about timelines that my gmail automatically sorted into my promotions tab for some reason, so I'd check there and spam as well just to make sure 

On 5/16/2022 at 8:32 PM, PFPT said:

Congratulations to everyone accepted!! An update on the application: 

Applied + (PT or OT?): All PT - Dalhousie, Queen’s, UofT, Western & Mac (Ontario resident)

Accepted: Dalhousie, Queen's, UofT, Western (took Western)

Waitlisted: McMaster (top 100)

Rejected:

GPA c-gpa and s-gpa: c-gpa 3.65 & s-gpa 3.96

CASPer quartile: 4th quartile.

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

-PT-ish experiences were 16 hours volunteering as a PTA. 1060 hours doing admin for a pelvic health physio clinic, 90 hours PTA for the same clinic. 21 hours as an exercise assistant for patients undergoing cancer treatment and 14 hours as a workout buddy for students who were referred to increase physical activity for their mental health. 

-Other experiences were 130 hours as a TA for anatomy, 90 hours completing cadaver dissections, 41 hours as a research assistant and 33 hours as a peer mentor for students. 

-References: one academic was my anatomy prof who I work with as a TA and who supervised a senior project. Dal needed a second prof, so I have the one I worked with as an RA. Professional was the owner of the clinic I did PTA & admin with. I think they all know me pretty well and should hopefully give strong references.

-Personal statements: I didn’t feel *super* confident in these. I think Western ended up being the best, Queens in the middle and Dal was not my favourite. I had a few people read them over and used university resources to also proofread. 

So apparently Kira didn't go fantastic, but I was SUPER nervous for it and had had my wisdom teeth removed about a week before so not an ideal time lol

can i message you about western pt?

On 6/11/2022 at 5:34 PM, otstudent12345 said:

Hellooo,

Just an update on this:

Unfortuantely, we did not receive a class list prior to the weekend and will have to postpone the creation of the group.

I will post the link to the group here as soon as we get the list!

Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for keeping me posted