Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

A little to the party but I promised myself I would do one do one these if I got accepted anywhere so here it goes!

Applied: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Accepted: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: 
s-GPA: 3.87

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Some of the experiences I highlighted included working as a medical first responder, crisis line counselor, and a recreational leader for my local municipal government. I love talking so I really enjoyed the UBC interviews and had fun writing the UofA and UofT OT essays as well. I didn't know to prepare for the CAP and didn't try very hard since I had already heard back from other schools by then but I think remaining calm and not associating my performance to my worth helped. 

Lastly, I have learned that mentorship can play a significant role throughout this process so I would encourage anyone who is need of any support (with applications or interviews) to reach out as I would love to help! Goodluck everyone:)

2 hours ago, pk08 said:

A little to the party but I promised myself I would do one do one these if I got accepted anywhere so here it goes!

Applied: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Accepted: UBC OT, UBC PT, UofA OT, UofT PT, UofT OT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: 
s-GPA: 3.87

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Some of the experiences I highlighted included working as a medical first responder, crisis line counselor, and a recreational leader for my local municipal government. I love talking so I really enjoyed the UBC interviews and had fun writing the UofA and UofT OT essays as well. I didn't know to prepare for the CAP and didn't try very hard since I had already heard back from other schools by then but I think remaining calm and not associating my performance to my worth helped. 

Lastly, I have learned that mentorship can play a significant role throughout this process so I would encourage anyone who is need of any support (with applications or interviews) to reach out as I would love to help! Goodluck everyone:)

Congrats on all your acceptances! Where did you end up accepting?

On 6/17/2022 at 11:22 PM, WillowOT said:

Any success stories of people applying to/accepting Canadian OT programs with lower sub-GPA's?

Hey, I’ve posted about this before but I applied to 6 schools this year with an s-gpa of 3.54 at the time without second semester 4th year marks, and got accepted to Western OT! I’ve accepted my offer, I know how nerve wracking it may be to compare grades with other applicants but msg me if you have any questions(:

On 6/17/2022 at 8:22 PM, WillowOT said:

Any success stories of people applying to/accepting Canadian OT programs with lower sub-GPA's?

I don't really have a good grasp of what is a higher/lower GPA, but I had an s-GPA of 3.70 (c-GPA of 3.53) without my 4th year spring term grades in this past application cycle, and was accepted into Queens & UofA OT after being placed on the waitlist! (Also on waitlist for UBC) I was accepted at the end of May for Queens/Alberta so pretty quick after decisions came out - there is hope! Non-academic qualities play a huge role as well - good luck to you!!

Sorry if this has already been asked.. but how are you suppose to submit final transcripts with OPRAS?? I only got waitlisted at Western but I heard they're already moving to the middle section (which I'm in) so I don't want to jeopardize my spot if they don't have my final transcript. Am I suppose to just send it to Western through the email they provide? Help please

10 hours ago, OTprospect22 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked.. but how are you suppose to submit final transcripts with OPRAS?? I only got waitlisted at Western but I heard they're already moving to the middle section (which I'm in) so I don't want to jeopardize my spot if they don't have my final transcript. Am I suppose to just send it to Western through the email they provide? Help please

When doing your application in ORPAS it should have asked you to put your school's information in so they can retrieve your transcript(s) for you. Check ORPAS under "document tracking" I believe to see if they got it/them.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, sslldslslala said:

does anyone know if theres a mcmaster OT facebook group? 

On 6/17/2022 at 4:40 PM, FingersCrossed_OT said:

i don't know either, but would also be interested in one if you hear of anything!

I heard from McMaster that the current OT student council will create one for the incoming cohort. But I haven't seen a group created so far. So hopefully sooner rather than later! would be nice to meet everyone!

On 6/17/2022 at 11:22 PM, WillowOT said:

I barely made the minimum cut off and got in after working for a few years. Don't give up hope!

On 6/17/2022 at 6:06 PM, otpt2024 said:

Does anyone know how we will know when ORPAS receives our final transcripts? Anxious they won’t make it in time hahah

Hi it will change to "recieved" on the transcripts page. As long as it says that before June 30th you are good. I spoke to them regarding this. 

20 minutes ago, WBS_OT said:

Hi it will change to "recieved" on the transcripts page. As long as it says that before June 30th you are good. I spoke to them regarding this. 

Is this the same for OOP - from Alberta? I applied and had to go through a different document upload system to get it onto OPRAS so do I just repeat that for my final transcript?

2 hours ago, WBS_OT said:

Hi! I am having the same problem. I got an offer for OT at UoT. I had some family emergency and I left the country right after that day. I wasn’t able to check my emails until I got back this Sat. I made a request on ORPAS on June 19. I’m very worried that it won’t make it on time before June 30th. I spoke to them and they said it will take 2-10 business days to complete the request. If it does take 10 days, I will be missing the deadline. I’m really worried about it. I’m wondering how long does it take for your request to be completed? Based on your experience, is there anything I should do at the moment?

Thanks a lot! Very much appreciate it!

22 minutes ago, OT-futurewhope said:

Hi! I am having the same problem. I got an offer for OT at UoT. I had some family emergency and I left the country right after that day. I wasn’t able to check my emails until I got back this Sat. I made a request on ORPAS on June 19. I’m very worried that it won’t make it on time before June 30th. I spoke to them and they said it will take 2-10 business days to complete the request. If it does take 10 days, I will be missing the deadline. I’m really worried about it. I’m wondering how long does it take for your request to be completed? Based on your experience, is there anything I should do at the moment?

Thanks a lot! Very much appreciate it!

Hi for me it only took 2 business days for the status to change to "recieved." When I spoke to them they told me that as long as you make the request and the changes are reflected on your transcript page you are fine. Even if it reaches UoT after June 30th, they will still consider it since you had made the request and the status in ORPAS changed to "received" it before the deadline. I don't think there is anything else you need to do. Just monitor your ORPAS regularly. Im pretty sure you will be fine. 

1 hour ago, MScOT2022 said:

Does anyone know what the class schedule is like for UofT OT? My job is asking for how many hours of class it is and a rough estimate of what days. Not sure if anyone has any insight to the schedule for OT1 last year that I could base it off of?? 

Wont it be difficult to work part time and do a masters program?  I ask because Im in the same position and Im thinking of not working during those 2 years...