Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

Applied + (PT or OT?): Queen's, UofT, McMaster, Western (all OT)
Accepted: Queen's, UofT, McMaster
Waitlisted: none
Rejected: Western
GPA: 3.9 (sGPA)
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

I believe that my essays were well-written. No OT-specific experience but I drew on other experiences related to working with people, plus strong academic successes. I also identified which area of OT interests me the most and how my work experience led me to this conclusion. Several volunteer positions over the years gave me experience with all ages which I also drew on. I thought the MMI with Mac was decent but could have gone better. References knew me very well, and could comment on my academic successes, personal characteristics, and suitability to pursue a career in OT. One was a prof, one was an OT. Overall I felt relatively confident in my application, though the high GPA cut-offs from previous years was making me nervous!

2 minutes ago, zerochance said:

How do waitlists work at one school if you have an offer from another school?

One offer expires in May 28 but waitlist keeps moving until August 31....so are they like giving you an ultimatum to choose?  Or can you accept what you have been offered but still be in consideration at the wait list at that other program?

if u still on waitlist may 28 for the other school then its up to u to choose to risk and stay on waitlist and refuse the other school or you can just accept the offer for the school u got accepted to make sure u get a spot

1 minute ago, dib1141 said:

Anyone else’s ORPAS not showing anything?? Got a waitlist offer from western on their portal but nothing on ORPAS… Doesn’t show my Mac rejection from a few weeks ago either 

Nothing on ORPAS so far either - but you got a Mac rejection a few weeks ago?!

1 minute ago, dib1141 said:

Anyone else’s ORPAS not showing anything?? Got a waitlist offer from western on their portal but nothing on ORPAS… Doesn’t show my Mac rejection from a few weeks ago either 

Yeah, they charge a ridiculous amount to apply, and then they can't even post the decisions properly on the "choices/offers" section.

Did anyone get a rejection from Mcmaster? Also if we dont see anything on ORPAS for Queens does that mean we are rejected or accepted? I got into UBC and Alberta but my ORPAS average be kinda low lol.. I interviewed for Mcmaster and was hoping to get into Queens. Just wondering if there will also be formal emails sent to notify us whether we are waitlist/ accepted/ rejected

14 minutes ago, ptpt22 said:

hi congrats!! is it okay if you share your stats and how you felt about the cap and kira?

Thank you!!

sGPA:  3.92   cGPA: 3.8   Casper: 4th quartile

Experiences: Working as an ergonomic intern for 2 summers, 3 RA positions, volunteer TA, working front desk at a clinic for about 3/4 of a year and volunteering for over 300 hours at a rehab physio clinic!

Honestly, I felt better about the Kira than I did CAP, but who even knows what they're looking for haha. CAP was definitely a time crunch, but I was definitely nervous about Kira and it came through in the recordings!

Edited by HopefulPT2022
spelling error

6 minutes ago, Noël said:

Yeah, they charge a ridiculous amount to apply, and then they can't even post the decisions properly on the "choices/offers" section.

no literally, i can't see anything at all, and it's killing me seeing everyone have their results posted while i just sit here not knowing when i'll get any word lol