Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa 2022 Interview Invites

Invite/Regrets: REJECT
Time Stamp: 1130 AM
Stream: English
cGPA: 3.97 WGPA: 3.96
Current year: Completed Bachelors
ECs: Got an interview last year with good solid EC. EC were even better this year. 

Casper: 3rd quartile

I wonder if they changed their rules or the pool was super competitive. I do not know what changed. 

9 minutes ago, Keep Persevering said:

ECs: Got an interview last year with good solid EC. EC were even better this year. 

I wonder if they changed their rules or the pool was super competitive. I do not know what changed. 

Cannot believe this 

9 minutes ago, Keep Persevering said:

I can’t believe this 

13 minutes ago, Keep Persevering said:

unless you had a better casper last year ( tbh i think casper % is also slightly based on luck since its subjective) then clearly the medical school admissions process is inconsistent which is quite alarming. I am terribly sorry :( hope you get some good news from elsewhere

Invite/Regrets: Regrets
Time Stamp: 11:59AM ET
cGPA: 3.93
Current year: 4th yr UG 
ECs: employment, student governance/advocacy, peer mentor, academic awards, 1 presentation + 2 abstract publications (filled all 3 "for Ottawa" spaces in each ABS section except Other)

CASPer: 3rd quartile

Congrats and good luck to everyone who got (or will get) an interview! 

Time Stamp: 1:11PM EST
cGPA: 3.90
Current year: 2nd Year research-based MSc
ECs: Thought these were solid and pretty diverse but I don't know if they are enough compared to all these other amazing applicants!

CASPer: 2nd quartile
Geography (IP/OOP): IP

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview and best of luck! 

To those that didn't, you're amazing and this is not a determinant of your worth. We're all on our own journeys and this a small blip on the wonderful life adventure you have ahead of you!!!

2 minutes ago, proximalphalanges said:

Result (Invite/Regrets): Regrets

Time Stamp: 1:11 PM
cGPA: 3.90
Year: 2nd Year Research-based MSc

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB/PS): 130/130/131/132

CASPER (Quartile): 2nd quartile
ECs: Thought these were strong and pretty diverse but idk if they are enough when comparing to all these other amazing applicants! 

Geography (IP/OOP): IP

rejections still coming out. no one is safe

Invite/Regrets: Invite
Time Stamp: 27/01/2022 - 13:20
Stream: French
cGPA: 3.965
Current year: 3rd year of second undergraduate degree
ECs: Volunteering and long-term employment with leadership positions.
Casper: 2nd quartile

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an email!

Invite/Regrets: Invite
Time Stamp: 1:41 PM
cGPA: 3.95
Current year: UG complete
ECs: Long term research (two 1st author pubs etc.), research & competition awards, leadership in diverse areas, have a focus on writing-related ECs, long term volunteering, some sports (swimming, basketball)

Casper: 4Q

Got rejected pre-interview last year, invited the year before, no idea how I made it this time... I'm seeing so many others with great stats and ECs and I'm shocked with my result. I rlly lucked out. It's my only invite so far cuz I have a low CARS, so I'm really grateful. But I sincerely hope everyone else here has an invite somewhere else or will get another soon. I teared up today because it was such a hard journey for me getting rejected all the time. You are all deserving, I'm wishing us all success!

Invite/Regrets: Invite!
Time Stamp: 1:29 pm 
Stream: French (CNFS)
cGPA: 3.77 WGPA: ~3.84 (I took a few summer terms and half of a 5th year so not really sure how this is calculated)
Current year: Undergrad completed in 2021 
ECs: Varsity athletics, some leadership positions related to student athletics, two research positions (one NSERC, one honours, no pubs), head of a Special O team, various different volunteer positions healthcare related, exec/chair for a few student clubs, volunteer with humanitarian organization, fitness trainer, lifeguard, camp counsellor. Message me for more details!

Casper: 4th quartile

Congrats to everyone else who received an interview! To those that didn't, keep pushing and trying because you've got this! You are worthy of getting in!

Invite/Regrets: Invite!!
Time Stamp: 1:33 PM ET
cGPA: 3.90
Current year: 3rd year UO
ECs: Working in a hospital. Lots of volunteering both in the community and in research. National level athlete for 10 years. Various sports and other hobbies. 

CASPer: 4th quartile

With no real lab experience at the time of my application, plus being in third year I was very shocked! Congratulations to everyone who got interviews :)

Time Stamp: 2:30 pm 
Stream: English
cGPA: 3.9
Current year: Finished MSc
ECs: pretty diverse and long-term research experience -- clinical and laboratory research, pres. of grad student council, 2 pubs, poster, NSERC CGSM, 200+ hours volunteering (although did not start this until 2019), rock climbing, music.

Casper: 4th quartile