Premed 101 Forums

uOttawa 2022 Interview Invites

Invite/Regrets: Invite!!! :D
Time Stamp: 27/01/2022 - 1:32PM
Stream: English 
cGPA: 3.99
Current year: 4th year of undergraduate 
ECs: A decent amount of long-term volunteering for non-profit organizations, a big focus on advocacy and mental health support, volunteered in some research labs pre-covid and now doing an honours thesis project 

Casper: 4th quartile 

Invite/Regrets: Regrets
Time Stamp: 1:30 pm ET 
cGPA: 3.97
Current year: Finished UndergraD
ECs: A lot of lab experience, lots of volunteering with marginalized groups, volunteering and work in hospitals, lots of different jobs, many different sports etc.

I am very disappointed but Good luck to everyone who got an interview!

2 hours ago, winiwini said:

Congrats to everyone who got invited! I'm wondering if anyone would like to participate the uOttawa Med Prep full day event? I signed up for this full day prep but I don't need it anymore since I didn't get an interview :(

Hi! I’m so sorry to hear that but I would really appreciate it if I could participate in the prep day! 

14 hours ago, winiwini said:

Congrats to everyone who got invited! I'm wondering if anyone would like to participate the uOttawa Med Prep full day event? I signed up for this full day prep but I don't need it anymore since I didn't get an interview :(

Interested.  Could you please DM?

Thanks.

Invite/Regrets: Invite
Time Stamp: 2:29pm
Stream: French
cGPA: 3.9
Current year: Graduating in May
ECs: humanitarian trips, volunteer, piano, guitar, drums, worked at a few jobs..

Casper: 3rd quartile

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! I am looking for people in the French stream who wants to practice the interview together.

Invite/Regrets: Invite
Time Stamp: 25/01/2022 
cGPA: 3.98
Current year: 3rd year of undergraduate 
ECs: Decent volunteering for non-profit organizations and medical clinic, NSERC uOttawa and UORP CHEO, university mentor and few clubs, intramural sports and sports in general since 2016. Active balanced lifestyle approach   

Congrats to all who got invites and sorry about the regrets. Grateful for my first and only interview, was surprised to get it. I can use any information possible, will have attended uOttawa prep day on 5-Feb and was willing to pay but it is sold out. If anyone can no longer attend, will be happy to take the spot and pay. Thanks.  

Invite/Regrets: Invite
Time Stamp: 1:42pm EST
cGPA: 3.92 (OMSAS)
Current year: Done undergrad
ECs: worked in public unit, COVID-19 vacc. clinic staff, residence advisor, research assistant (author on 2 manuscripts in progress), NSERC x2, hospital volunteer, physiotherapy clinic volunteer, tutor, club VP at university

Casper: 4th Quartile

I don’t think Casper has much weighing although not 100% sure. Reason why is I was I the top 10% of applicants to a program where Casper has a 35% post interview score in a cycle where I didn’t get a Ottawa md interview with a 4.0 gpa and the same Casper score. My guess is ecs and stuff like that get a score and if you fall bellow a certain score you get cut or ecs contribute to a large portion of pre interview score. I know the program I am in does that and it is similarly competitive. PM for more questions. I didn’t apply to Ottawa med this year though so can’t comment on that.