Premed 101 Forums

McGill MDCM Fall 2022 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

jashering

10 minutes ago, Laly20 said:

Lol same. Let's put it this way: every 5 minutes until march 31st in the morning is roughly 2300 times. Let's try to keep it sane :lol:

Why every 5 min?  are you guys waiting for ur DMD results too? or you are just speculating whether they are going to release the results earlier than the target date? 

Just now, veromedico said:

Why every 5 min?  are you guys waiting for ur DMD results too? or you are just speculating whether they are going to release the results earlier than the target date? 

It's a thing I call anxiety and I do the exact same hahaha. Serves no purpose because I'm pretty sure they won't send the offers before the target date. 

We got this guys! We're almost there :wub:

55 minutes ago, Med22ab said:

what is MDCM in regards to med-p?

MDCM is the name of the medical degree that mcgill grants. Med-P is a predatory program in which you complete 1 year of undergraduate courses and then enter medical school with the rest of the applicants who completed a full undergrad (or masters/Phd), to get an MDCM degree!

If you only complete Med-P and do not continue to medical school to get the MDCM, then you have not completed any degree

58 minutes ago, pipette said:

Does anyone know if the results were ever released before the expected date in past admission cycles? I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for March 31st to roll around...

I just checked for fun and the last 3 cycles it seems like it came out on the expected day, all roughly around March 24-25 ish. Why is ours one whole week later than previously? :’) lol. The anticipation is killing me. Apparently in 2017 they were early but I didn’t go that far back and look to confirm haha. Not expecting it to be before March 31 at this point though 

16 minutes ago, Proper12 said:

For double applicants to both DMD and MDCM programs, would it be fair to say that an acceptance to DMD (which came out last week) is good news for MDCM?

I was wondering the same thing. I would guess so.

Quick question for those who've applied for the DMD and the MDCM and have been accepted or waitlisted for the DMD. When you go into Minerva and click on the "Upload" button for the Basic Cardiac Life Support or the "Immunization/Vaccination Docs" requirement, what do you see? Is it written something like: "Document will be attached to ALL your program choices for Fall 2022. " or not? I'm wondering if the presence of that sentence ("all your program choices") indicates that you have also been accepted or waitlisted in the MDCM program, since it would indicate that the document requirements for the MDCM have also been updated.

11 minutes ago, cakek84164 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I would guess so.

Quick question for those who've applied for the DMD and the MDCM and have been accepted or waitlisted for the DMD. When you go into Minerva and click on the "Upload" button for the Basic Cardiac Life Support or the "Immunization/Vaccination Docs" requirement, what do you see? Is it written something like: "Document will be attached to ALL your program choices for Fall 2022. " or not? I'm wondering if the presence of that sentence ("all your program choices") indicates that you have also been accepted or waitlisted in the MDCM program, since it would indicate that the document requirements for the MDCM have also been updated.

I wouldn’t read too much into it haha. I guess there is no point in worrying about what we can’t control. 

On 3/22/2022 at 3:53 PM, pharmyveg1 said:

MDCM is the name of the medical degree that mcgill grants. Med-P is a predatory program in which you complete 1 year of undergraduate courses and then enter medical school with the rest of the applicants who completed a full undergrad (or masters/Phd), to get an MDCM degree!

If you only complete Med-P and do not continue to medical school to get the MDCM, then you have not completed any degree

I like the predatory twist! Was it on purpose?

16 minutes ago, Tati33 said:

I was wondering, do you guys think that if none of my verifiers have been contacted it’s a « bad » thing? 

a couple people’s verifiers have been contacted recently from what I saw on an other thread… 

I dont think so honestly. I think they just randomly choose people to contact.