Premed 101 Forums

McGill MDCM Fall 2022 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

jashering

3 hours ago, ceelbe said:

Anyone here who was accepted to med that plans on declining their offer prior to May? Trying to see if I have any chances of getting off waitlist prior to the Ontario/French school decisions coming out. Just for fun obviously :) 

the waitlist just moved :) next potential offer to #4 Montreal campus (no movement outaouais) and #4 as well for OOP stream

1 hour ago, Nij said:

Will my waitlist rank get smaller if someone in front of me declines their waitlist position?

Not on Minerva no, you just have to keep watching the waitlist and watching the number go up. If you’re #10 for MTL, then once it says 10 that means you’re the next offer that will come once the next person declines. Once it says 11, you should have received your offer :) 

4 hours ago, EC2018 said:

For those who got accepted off the waitlist: how long do you have to accept your offer? And also how do you get notified (Minerva, phone, email?) 

I’m travelling for a week and would be nice to know what I should be checking and what to have access to 

5 days! Notified by the email you applied with, it’ll send out a new email saying a decision has been made on your file then you need to login to Minerva to see it. The email goes out at 10PM but Minerva updates beforehand. The waitlist link tends to update around 2:30-4:00 ish. At least from me obsessively watching it that’s what I’ve noticed lol although mine came out closer to 4:30 I think. It seems like the waitlist link and Minerva are basically updated simultaneously. 

29 minutes ago, happypumpkin said:

Hey, if anyone who's admitted to McGill has access to the facebook group, can you add me or message me the link? Thanks in advance!

we currently have a facebook chat, there isnt an official group made yet! Message me your name and ill add you :)