Premed 101 Forums

McGill MDCM Fall 2022 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

jashering

Sorry if this alarms anyone, I know it's very early to be starting this thread. I just figured that we should have a thread on standby in case results for the MDCM come out early and without warning like MD/PhD did :) 

Here is the list of possible result codes: https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/tracking-status-your-application

Here is the page where you can view waitlist movement for this cycle: https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/after-youve-applied/waitlist-post-interview

Please fill in the template below to help folks applying in the future!

TIME STAMP: 

Result: 

Casper Quartile: 

GPA:

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): 

Current year of study: 

IP/OOP/International:

Comments: 

10 minutes ago, veromedico said:

omg, they already set that up!!!! :( 

Yup I noticed that as well haha :unsure: The planned date for offers of admissions is coming up quickly too so it makes sense! Also makes you wonder why they hold off on giving offers when they grade people on the spot during the MMIs?? *stress intensifies*

4 minutes ago, nvsn said:

Yup I noticed that as well haha :unsure: The planned date for offers of admissions is coming up quickly too so it makes sense! Also makes you wonder why they hold off on giving offers when they grade people on the spot during the MMIs?? *stress intensifies*

the weird thing is how they released the MD/PhD and international results 2 weeks early this year! 

4 hours ago, Laly20 said:

maybe it was a mistake lol. It still appears march 31st as a target date for that stream. so weird!

Did someone really get an offer of admission early though? I don’t see any proof of that being the case and why would we only hear it about one person on R…it :o it seems a little odd that it would happen!! Either way, only a few more days and we’ll get a clearer picture of our outcome :)

21 minutes ago, nvsn said:

Did someone really get an offer of admission early though? I don’t see any proof of that being the case and why would we only hear it about one person on R…it :o it seems a little odd that it would happen!! Either way, only a few more days and we’ll get a clearer picture of our outcome :)

it seems like only MD/PhD and international cohorts have heard back!

5 hours ago, nvsn said:

It's on R E D D I T. For md-phd only though

hi guys, just for reference, I am the BenchtoBedside user on R E D D I T who initially posted about the MD/PhD decision :)

TIME STAMP: 10:30pm EST / Mar 16

Result: Admitted (MD/PhD)

Casper Quartile: 4th

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): horrible horrible horrible. Not kidding lol

Current year of study: Finished MSc.

IP/OOP/International: OOP.

Comments: i have very subpar grades - as such, i do believe my relatively strong research background helped me pull through :)

47 minutes ago, BenchtoBedside said:

hi guys, just for reference, I am the BenchtoBedside user on R E D D I T who initially posted about the MD/PhD decision :)

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): horrible horrible horrible. Not kidding lol

Comments: i have very subpar grades - as such, i do believe my relatively strong research background helped me pull through :)

Congratulations!

1 hour ago, BenchtoBedside said:

Congrats!! I guess it really did happen! 

On 3/18/2022 at 3:19 PM, nvsn said:

Hi there! 
how do you know that’s how they do it ? :o

34 minutes ago, pharmyveg1 said:

Well since they aren’t recording you, the evaluator fills out a score sheet after the station. I would imagine it can’t take long for them to compile your overall score! 

Same. They probably have the offer list since about a week or two. My guess is that they are waiting for Udem, UL and UdeS to release their invites for the interviews. It's no coincidence the invites are sent two days before on the 29th

On 3/19/2022 at 8:24 AM, BenchtoBedside said:

s'il te plaît, envoie-moi le lien pour la discussion sur le site R E D D I T , car je ne sais pas comment utiliser ce site