Premed 101 Forums

McGill MDCM Fall 2022 Acceptance/Rejection/Waitlist Thread

jashering

3 minutes ago, Vya said:

TIME STAMP: 8:50 am

Result: admitted 

Casper Quartile: 3

GPA: 3.9x 

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I hardly prepared, but felt good. Just went with my intuition

Current year of study: grad

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: Happy the wait is over!  Good luck everyone!!!

Congrats!!

TIME STAMP: 8:45 AM

Result: Admitted with condition

Casper Quartile: 4th

GPA: 3.85

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I didn't prepare much, just read a few example questions online and talked to a friend who also interviewed at McGill. I felt like one station went poorly, 2-3 were really strong.

Current year of study: MSc. completed

Comments: Phew! Good luck everyone!

28 minutes ago, CareerSwitch said:

TIME STAMP: 8:45 AM

GPA: 3.85

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I didn't prepare much, just read a few example questions online and talked to a friend who also interviewed at McGill. I felt like one station went poorly, 2-3 were really strong.

Comments: Phew! Good luck everyone!

Hi @CareerSwitch, Congrats on your admission!! in which fields did you complete your previous studies if you don't mind sharing? We have very similar stats and I am wondering how to improve my application. Is it in a professionnal field, pt or something like that? You can pm me if you dont want to mention it here. Thanks so much!!

TIME STAMP: 9:35 AM

GPA: 3.98

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I prepared a decent amount it was also my second interview this cycle, but walking out I felt horrible about it, but I guess it worked out.

Current year of study: Graduated Last Year

Comments: I cannot believe it right now this is my second acceptance this year and I'm beyond happy and in shock! Good luck to everyone I wish you all the best!

TIME STAMP: 10:00 AM ish

Casper Quartile: 3rd

GPA: 3.91

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): Prepared a good amount. Felt meh about it the whole time but I knew that had done better than last cycle. 

TIME STAMP: 10:43 AM

Result: Waitlisted #11 MTL #9 Outaouais

GPA: 3.80

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): felt good about it. Thought it went really well but i guess not enough. I feel like I'm quite high on the WL so there is still hope!

TIME STAMP: not sure 

Result: Waitlist #5 MTL #4 Outaouais

Casper Quartile: 3rd

GPA: 3.90

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): did not feel confident. Thought it was okay - 3 stations went poorly in my opinion. Practiced with other people for about 2 weeks 

Current year of study: MSc. In progress 

comment: Im not sure how much the waitlist moves?? And When does it start moving, I don’t know how to feel lol 

TIME STAMP: ~9AM

Result: ADMITTED!

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt meh about it. I felt like I bombed one station hard, aced 2 and the rest were average. I kept replaying the scenarios in my head, thought about all the things I could have and should have said. But I guess it went better than I thought. This goes to show that you never know what they're looking for and that we're not always the best predictors of our own performance. I didn't think I was going to get in so today was a huge surprise.

Current year of study: 1st year in professional program

comment: My Journey was quite long and exhausting but I'm glad it paid off. This was my 4th application cycle and 2nd interview. I did 2 bachelors (4 year BSc. degree + 2 year B.A) + 1 year in a professional program. The application process was very draining and was taking a toll on me and my mental health, so this was going to be my last cycle applying. I'm glad 4th time was the charm! For those on the waitlist or who have been refused, please don't give up hope and continue chasing your dreams. 

1 minute ago, fluffybunnyyyyy said:

TIME STAMP: ~9AM

Result: ADMITTED!

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt meh about it. I felt like I bombed one station hard, aced 2 and the rest were average. I kept replaying the scenarios in my head, thought about all the things I could have and should have said. But I guess it went better than I thought. This goes to show that you never know what they're looking for and that we're not always the best predictors of our own performance. I didn't think I was going to get in so today was a huge surprise.

Current year of study: 1st year in professional program

comment: My Journey was quite long and exhausting but I'm glad it paid off. This was my 4th application cycle and 2nd interview. I did 2 bachelors (4 year BSc. degree + 2 year B.A) + 1 year in a professional program. The application process is very exhausting and this was going to be my last cycle applying, so i'm glad 4th time was the charm. For those on the waitlist or who have been refused, please don't give up hope and continue chasing your dreams. 

So happy for you and that all your hard work paid off!!

TIME STAMP: Looked at 11 AM

Result: Waitlisted #9 MTL; #7 OTA

Casper Quartile: 4th

GPA: 3.94/4.0

Feeling About MMI (please be mindful of NDA): I felt really good about it despite it being my first MMI! Practiced with med student and physician, felt like I got a lot of criticism/feedback which helped me improve my answers - did however overthink a lot afterward lmao

Current year of study: Graduated BA

IP/OOP/International: IP

Comments: HOW MUCH DOES THE WAITLIST MOVE