Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Match Day!

per CaRMS website 

18 March 2024 at 12:00 (noon) ET
Pre-match day
Postgraduate offices will receive summary reports. Canadian undergraduate offices will receive their faculty’s summary reports as well as a list of their faculty’s unmatched applicants who provided consent for their information to be released.

14 hours ago, shikimate said:

per CaRMS website 

Pre-match day
Postgraduate offices will receive summary reports. Canadian undergraduate offices will receive their faculty’s summary reports as well as a list of their faculty’s unmatched applicants who provided consent for their information to be released.

Wait so does this mean programs find out a day before as well?

3 hours ago, gensurg66 said:

Wait so does this mean programs find out a day before as well?

"Summary reports" could just mean how many of the residency spots have been filled in the R-1 iteration, without any specifics on who the matched candidates are... Just a guess though. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:11 PM, shikimate said:

per CaRMS website 

Pre-match day

So I'm guessing tomorrow at 12:00 PM EST is the earliest that we will be notified whether we went unmatched or not (assuming you signed up for that option to be notified)

1 hour ago, abcd1288 said:

So I'm guessing tomorrow at 12:00 PM EST is the earliest that we will be notified whether we went unmatched or not (assuming you signed up for that option to be notified)

Correct. How quick they come out will vary school to school. I hope they make contact quick - Monday will be nerve-racking.

10 minutes ago, Olympus said:

Correct. How quick they come out will vary school to school. I hope they make contact quick - Monday will be nerve-racking.

Some schools send out an email at the end of the day to day they’ve notified everyone that didn’t match 

21 minutes ago, dooogs said:

Some schools send out an email at the end of the day to day they’ve notified everyone that didn’t match 

My institution has a 2-hr window for notification so as long as we don't get anything past 2 PM, we know that we matched. Fingers crossed. Tomorrow from 12 PM to 2 PM will be the most stressful moment of my life. Worst than waiting for med school results. Reading the threads down South also wasn't good for my anxiety haha. But objectively, I guess it's really hard to gauge the odds...

4 minutes ago, Symphonie said:

And then there's my school who said they won't tell us on the 18th whether or not we matched because it would « make the day even more nerve-wracking ». 

I'm a nervous mess no matter what lol 

That's kinda of ridiculous lol. Might as well not making it an opt-in/out not an option in the first place

Good luck to everybody today and tomorrow.

I remember both the pre-match day and match day vividly from 5 years ago. There really is nothing compared to the stress of these 2 days.

Keep yourself preoccupied, surround yourself with friends and family, and remember that this is just part of the journey and not the end.

You will all look back fondly on this day a few years from now and realize its an amazing moment so remember to enjoy and savour it and celebrate!