Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS SCALES for Canadian Schools

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this scale online..and it seems to contradict some of the scales mentioned on the first page. Was there a change in the last few years?

http://www.lewisassoc.com/handouts/GradeConversion.pdf

The last scale through that link has a description just titled "Canadian" with 3 different scales. They seem to be different than what has been posted here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sonyvaio2700, thanks a lot for these conversions. I bet a lot of people, though sometimes it may not seem like it, do appreciate it.

I just have one question. Particularly for York. I just called AMCAS and they told me to look under numeric canadian and look at the first column as york is a 9.0 scale.

Did you ever encounter that? because then the scale isnt really working towards us at all but yeah. Just wondering.

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Being York is on a 9.0 and UVic is on a 9.0, I would assume we would use the same scale (first column). This seems remarkably similar to the OMSAS system. I'm also very curious to how to convert my UVic grades properly if I don't get into Canada this year =(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is still the case, even with the new GPA system. It was a pleasant surprise

By the new GPA system, do you mean the 4.3 scale that we have now?

I'm still skeptical because of all the scales online for 4.0 starting at 84 or 87 (and going to 100).

See this link for referrence:

By the new GPA system, do you mean the 4.3 scale that we have now?

I'm still skeptical because of all the scales online for 4.0 starting at 84 or 87 (and going to 100).

See this link for referrence:

My transcript lists the percentage grade and the GPA, but no longer lists the letter grade and AMCAS is still using the old 80+ = 4.0 scheme, essentially ignoring the GPA. This might change for Queen's students applying next year because the grades from here on out will no longer have a percentage associated with them

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry I'm posting a reply to this message. I'm not exactly sure how to add a new message to the thread.

Does anyone know how to convert a McMaster GPA to AMCAS?

Our marks run from A+, A, A-, B+, B, B -, etc.

Reading through this thread it seems an A+ and A = 4.0. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.