Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS 2012 Cycle Party Thread

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you a grad student? And did you get them to courier it? They wouldn't for me as the address was a P.O. Box....another smart PM101'er found the actual address by calling in but by then it was too late and mine was sent via snail mail.

I'm not a grad student. When they told me they couldn't send it to P.O boxes, I just asked them to google the AAMC website and look at the address at the bottom so they just used that so the courier system worked out. Don't worry yours got there eventually too.

I would limit it to say only 1 prereq course that you haven't completed. Full year Orgo AND English is definitely pushing it (that's like what - 9 credit hours???). But the answer is yes, you can do it the summer before matriculation.

What do you mean by "pushing it" if it is allowed? Just curious..

I will still get an interview and acceptance without them, right?

What do you mean by "pushing it" if it is allowed? Just curious..

I will still get an interview and acceptance without them, right?

It's up to the school's discretion is what I'm saying. The adcom will decide if they think that's too many courses. So I wouldn't push your luck with so many credits.

So I have always been under the impression that American med schools "cares" a little more about the "prestige" of your undergrad institute... Does anyone know how true this is, and if it's true, to what extent?

As Canadians, they're not gonna care too much about the prestige of our schools. Even if they did, it would account for a very minor portion of your application and they would probably only care if it came down to a tie breaker between 2 individuals. Don't sweat it.

As Canadians, they're not gonna care too much about the prestige of our schools. Even if they did, it would account for a very minor portion of your application and they would probably only care if it came down to a tie breaker between 2 individuals. Don't sweat it.

:)

LOL I believe everyone feels that way, my PS was also just OK :P

Amen to that haha I don't even bother re-reading my application.. I feel like I'll just get disappointed or something.

I would put it wherever the rest of the Kinesiology courses fit under. Check the instruction manual.

Some KINE courses fit under biology, some under behavioral science...

I was struggling with this one too. As of now, I have it as "physics" because it does have a huge chunk of physics in its course description, but I'm not totally sure...(I haven;t submitted yet, so I might end up changing it)

Some KINE courses fit under biology, some under behavioral science...

I was struggling with this one too. As of now, I have it as "physics" because it does have a huge chunk of physics in its course description, but I'm not totally sure...(I haven;t submitted yet, so I might end up changing it)

If it's that ambiguous, I would just put it under the section that I less courses for.. shows diversity ha

Did anyone apply at University of Chicago (Pritzker) and not receive an email invite for their secondary? I just looked at their FAQ and it says that we should have received a link within 2 business days of submitting, and it's been a few weeks since I submitted so now I'm worried it got lost in my spam folder

Did anyone apply at University of Chicago (Pritzker) and not receive an email invite for their secondary? I just looked at their FAQ and it says that we should have received a link within 2 business days of submitting, and it's been a few weeks since I submitted so now I'm worried it got lost in my spam folder

I already received a rejection from them :(

Aw :( Was your file complete already (MCAT + Letters)? Or did they reject you even before it was completed

Edit: (I didn't apply here, just curious)

Ya it was complete... I'm not really upset cause I knew my MCAT wasn't up to par, it was a definite reach

Archived