Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

I really don't know. I sure hope not, because the only ones that know my marks generally are the ones that are supposed to be my friends. My friend's mom hates me because of it though.. she's one of those crazy helicopter moms who pushed her daughter into wanting dentistry even though she couldn't even manage 80s in high school with a tutor.

Why do you think so many premeds do badly in first year even though they know they need a high GPA and the courses aren't too hard?

They are not prepared for the brutal transition, they don't prioritize academics (too many distractions) and have effective time and stress management skills, nor have they yet developed a strong work ethic. Some do not have good study habits for them, some wait too late to study.

When did you first become interested in medicine and what is your backup plan?

1. legitimately incapable of pulling off a decent mark (50%), and med school worthy GPA (70%)

2. other 30-50% procrastinate, don't take it seriously, weren't prepared from high school to study that much, freak out and get test anxiety, just don't know how to study in general and spend way too much time learning way too little.

Is seth mcfarlane a plagirizing douche?

LOL I suppose so. He's also not funny, and he relies too much on flashbacks, which bore me to tears. No offence to your avatar.. you are obviously a dedicated fan.

They are not prepared for the brutal transition, they don't prioritize academics (too many distractions) and have effective time and stress management skills, nor have they yet developed a strong work ethic. Some do not have good study habits for them, some wait too late to study.

When did you first become interested in medicine and what is your backup plan?

First became interested around Grade 12 or so, but just decided that it's my first choice this past summer. My back-up plan is neuroscience research.

What should I put as my avatar?

LOL I suppose so. He's also not funny, and he relies too much on flashbacks, which bore me to tears. No offence to your avatar.. you are obviously a dedicated fan.

First became interested around Grade 12 or so, but just decided that it's my first choice this past summer. My back-up plan is neuroscience research.

What should I put as my avatar?

community-jim-rash-nbc.png

I block most of my family members on facebook. I either scout them out and block them before they find me, or if I'm unlucky enough to have them find me first I respond to friend requests with a block. This is because they live in a different country, I rarely talk to them and they would only use my facebook account to spread crap about me to others (they're horrible people, that's why I don't talk to them).

Does that make me a bad person?

from your reasoning it doesnt make you a bad person

favorite subject and why?

Biology and specifically neuroscience. It's amazing to me how individual cells can fire in a way that causes consciousness, it feels like freefalling everytime I think about it, my mind explodes

What can I do to stop procrastinating so much?

Biology and specifically neuroscience. It's amazing to me how individual cells can fire in a way that causes consciousness, it feels like freefalling everytime I think about it, my mind explodes

Get off the internet :D

How useful is a computer without internet?

If you do as well as you say you do, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you figure out a way to stop, kindly let me know.

Did you enjoy high school?

Get off the internet :D

How useful is a computer without internet?

Useful. The Toast family has an internet-less Windows 95 in their basement, useful for searching old tax files, using a dated version of Bloomberg, and playing my favourite games (JezzBall, Ski Free, Chip's Challenge).

My question from above: Did you enjoy high school?

If you do as well as you say you do, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you figure out a way to stop, kindly let me know.

Yeah I'm fine now but I always feel like some day my workload will get larger and I won't be able to handle it with my current habbits. and it was okay,I like university a lot more, I particularly enjoy the freedom that should rightly be given to every human being that high school didn't allow

Favourite kind of movie?

Nope. Attended as little as possible, something I hope my kids do not replicate.

Current favourite beverage?

Yeah I'm fine now but I always feel like some day my workload will get larger and I won't be able to handle it with my current habbits. and it was okay,I like university a lot more, I particularly enjoy the freedom that should rightly be given to every human being that high school didn't allow

Favourite kind of movie?

Horror, but no one will ever watch with me and they're no fun to watch alone (n).

Nope. Attended as little as possible, something I hope my kids do not replicate.

Current favourite beverage?

Tomato juice.

Would you rather a mediocre job you got with connections or a pretty bad job that you got yourself?

Horror, but no one will ever watch with me and they're no fun to watch alone (n).

Tomato juice.

Would you rather a mediocre job you got with connections or a pretty bad job that you got yourself?

Mediocre, where I spend 50% of my waking hours, the means definitely justify the ends

Apple or orange juice?

I've never seen a 3D movie. The most advanced I've been technology was Fantasia 2000 in 1999 with my grandparents hahahaha.

Do you still get those "FWD: Fwd:" chain emails sometimes? If so, who do you get them from?

LOL yes my mom

and holy **** you actually did it, props madame.

How was new years?

I censored the drag queen, though. It wasn't approps.

And my grandmother sends me chain mail, so don't even worry.

Fun! I saw fireworks at Big Ben.

What's the longest you've ever gone without eating?

hahah I hope you know where it's from

Probably 12 hours

What's the longest you've gone without sleeping?

hahah I hope you know where it's from

Probably 12 hours

What's the longest you've gone without sleeping?

I DON'T hahaha. But I told myself that whatever the answer was it would be the new avatar.. at least temporarily.

The longest I've gone without sleeping in a bed (or sleeping bag or even couch) was 3 days. Actually not sleeping I have no idea, though.

Do you know if any of your friends go on PM101?

I DON'T hahaha. But I told myself that whatever the answer was it would be the new avatar.. at least temporarily.

The longest I've gone without sleeping in a bed (or sleeping bag or even couch) was 3 days. Actually not sleeping I have no idea, though.

Do you know if any of your friends go on PM101?

Hahaha it's the dean from community- he likes to dress up

One friend goes on this site, nobody else (remember very few premeds in my life)

Why is it important to you to protect your identity on this site?

Hahaha it's the dean from community- he likes to dress up

One friend goes on this site, nobody else (remember very few premeds in my life)

Why is it important to you to protect your identity on this site?

I feel like I've probably said some things I shouldn't have/that would shock people who think they know me well. I'm very secretive. Also, I feel like my GPA and MCAT things are lying around here somewhere.. legitimately no one knows my MCAT mark except for me, haha. GPA some people know, not many though.

Same question to the next poster (/is it important to you)?

I feel like I've probably said some things I shouldn't have/that would shock people who think they know me well. I'm very secretive. Also, I feel like my GPA and MCAT things are lying around here somewhere.. legitimately no one knows my MCAT mark except for me, haha. GPA some people know, not many though.

Same question to the next poster (/is it important to you)?

I have some qualities that would be percieved as deadly by the uptight conservative medical community (I am the opposite of both of those things). I + everyone I tell that I'm a premed think that I'll be a good doctor, but I think a lot of doctors are horrible (as in went in a decent human being and the system broke them) and unfortunately they're the ones judging me sooo

Also I'm really open about my marks and contempt for classmates on this site and that can't get out more than it already has

If mars was colonized and there were a lot of opportunities there would you move? (think you're in europe and being offered to move to the new world circa mid 1700s)

I have some qualities that would be percieved as deadly by the uptight conservative medical community (I am the opposite of both of those things). I + everyone I tell that I'm a premed think that I'll be a good doctor, but I think a lot of doctors are horrible (as in went in a decent human being and the system broke them) and unfortunately they're the ones judging me sooo

Also I'm really open about my marks and contempt for classmates on this site and that can't get out more than it already has

If mars was colonized and there were a lot of opportunities there would you move? (think you're in europe and being offered to move to the new world circa mid 1700s)

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to leave my family, I wouldn't want to leave my friends, and I wouldn't want to try the Martian version of pemmican.

What is your favourite chocolate bar?

No, I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to leave my family, I wouldn't want to leave my friends, and I wouldn't want to try the Martian version of pemmican.

What is your favourite chocolate bar?

Does coffeecrisp (I think that's the name) count? if so then that's my favourite

Do you thik of your decisions in the context of you being old and looking back at it?

Does coffeecrisp (I think that's the name) count? if so then that's my favourite

Do you thik of your decisions in the context of you being old and looking back at it?

No, I really don't think I'll live that long. (Is that awful for me to say?)

Would you rather die before your loved ones or have your loved ones die before you do?

No, I really don't think I'll live that long. (Is that awful for me to say?)

Would you rather die before your loved ones or have your loved ones die before you do?

Lol you don't envision yourself being old and grey? Don't underestimate the power of medicine, the life expectancy for someone born in our decade's gotta be superlong.

That's a tough one, but I'd want to go first. I'd start being a distant a**hole if I knew death was coming just to make it easier for them though. luckily I have absolutely no control over that.

Do you play any instruments? If not, assuming you like music (who doesn't), why don't you pick one up and learn?