Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

I love the videos too! I'm not 100% sure, but my guess would be competition between schools. The schools want you to choose them as your first choice and the videos make the schools look good. I think it's also a good way to judge the feeling of the school and get to know more about it! Particularly when the videos actually give you info about the schools rather than simply a comedic skit. Lastly, I think it's a fun way of bringing down the tension from the interviews! (PS I love the quotations in your signature!)

If you could travel to anyplace in Canada, where would you go and why?

I would visit Newfoundland as the people are lovely, the views are superb I am told and this is the only province I have not visiited.

Why medicine?

Of course!! A decent meal for under $5! And it actually tastes good too. Although I think the subways "Sandwich artists" really dislike me because I always ask for extra of all the veggies (tip: Rather than listing off all teh veggies you want at once, go one by one so you can say "more of that, please". And then by then end your sandwish is exploding with veggies!!). Ok, I think I just proved my loser-ness. Haha! I should go get a life sometime.

Next question: favourite beer?

keiths.

what are your thoughts on having hired help (massages, maids, landscapers etc)?

-I really wish I had some of those groupon vouchers for a maid to clean my place for me

Maids: I shudder at the thought, I know it's a job but I find it to be so degrading to another human being to have them pick up your **** for you for money when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself. Don't get me wrong my room looks like peter and the giant chicken just rolled through it but I'd enver hire a maid. Obviously the exceptions to this are if you're disabled, old or live in a huge mansion so that you can't clean stuff yourself.

Landscapers and massages, I don't know where you're going with this. Most people can't landscape themselves and I doubt anyone can give themselves a proper massage so I don't have a problem with it. There's a huge difference between getting help from someone that can do something you can't and getting help from someone because you're too lazy.

Do you fantasize a lot about summer to motivate you to work at the end of the year?

nope.

What are your thoughts on tutoring? imo i do not like being a tutor for certain courses. I could be a math tutor something that isn't subjective but i was working with someone and it was felt like I was dying inside trying to explain the material to that person.

I love tutoring. My favourite subject so far has been high school English. I also like tutoring languages, math, and some science courses. I find the most challenging to be memorization-heavy courses that I took a long time ago.

Are there any chocolate bars or candies that you profoundly dislike?

I love tutoring. My favourite subject so far has been high school English. I also like tutoring languages, math, and some science courses. I find the most challenging to be memorization-heavy courses that I took a long time ago.

Are there any chocolate bars or candies that you profoundly dislike?

Big Turk, bounty, gummie worms/bears disclaimer: I am not into sweets

Apple or PC and why?

PC because I feel more comfortable with it, im just used to it.

How much time in advance do you prepare for a final?

Completely depends on the mark I need on the final and how much work the class is. Classes that I don't care about usually 1-3 days max (these are usually classes I'm already doing well in with low weight finals). Classes that are heavy or the ones where I need to get a good mark on the final 1-2 weeks, again depending on the class and how much stuff I have to do in between. Orgo's a full year class in my school, I've basically neglected everything else to try to cram all the reactions in my head

How do you react when you walk out of your last final?

Completely depends on the mark I need on the final and how much work the class is. Classes that I don't care about usually 1-3 days max (these are usually classes I'm already doing well in with low weight finals). Classes that are heavy or the ones where I need to get a good mark on the final 1-2 weeks, again depending on the class and how much stuff I have to do in between. Orgo's a full year class in my school, I've basically neglected everything else to try to cram all the reactions in my head

How do you react when you walk out of your last final?

Deep breath and then mental preparation for what comes next.

What time do you get up when you don't have classes?

^you are

do you think good looking ppl have their lives easier granted that was the only thing different in life?

-job as a bartender or waitress = lots of tips

-ppl listen to what you have to say because you are hot

-ppl want to be friends with you or help you out because you are good looking

+100 likes on fb

jellybean/10

Granted everything else is the same, intelligence, family life and socioeconomic status.. Then yes. If everything else is the same then being good looking probably would do nothing but help you ahaha!

Whats is your parenting philosophy? Ex. Freedom, rules etc.

A bit of both. You have to yield on the small stuff, but stay firm on the big issues... it's really a balancing act (and it gets harder the older they are).

If you had chosen a different path in life (I think we've all had that moment), where would you be right now?

Parenting! Funny question! My general philosophy is start with trust/responsibility but if you abuse responsibility, you lose privileges (ie borrow the car then drive drunk = have fun walking everywhere!). Also helicopter parents drive me mad since I'm more of a "if you mess up, you learn" kind of person. ie, if you piss someone off and they smack you, you probably deserved it. Or, if you are doing something stupid and hurt yourself, you probably deserve to get hurt and hopefully next time you'll be smarter. Within reason, of course. But I really value independence, taking responsibility for your actions, and thinking about your effect on others.

Hmmm... favourite recipe? (Edit, saw that I posted this just a bit after the person ahead of me. So I guess the next person on this board has 2 questions to answer!)

HVAC

What is your deepest fear when it comes to being a health care professional?

Making a mistake that kills someone. Either missing a diagnosis, or prescribing something that does them harm. The frustrating thing is that it does happen quite often to many very good doctors.

Are you a morning person?

Hmmm... favourite recipe? (Edit, saw that I posted this just a bit after the person ahead of me. So I guess the next person on this board has 2 questions to answer!)

I don't cook much but I would say Steak (or Montana's Ribs), processed potatoes w/gravy and asparagus.

Or Sushi (:

Making a mistake that kills someone. Either missing a diagnosis, or prescribing something that does them harm. The frustrating thing is that it does happen quite often to many very good doctors.

Are you a morning person?

Totally agree with that, that is by far my deepest fear.

Yes, absolutely. 7:47am here in Ottawa and I have been up for over two hours already.

In your opinion, what do you think was the most important invention until now and why?

I don't cook much but I would say Steak (or Montana's Ribs), processed potatoes w/gravy and asparagus.

Or Sushi (:

Totally agree with that, that is by far my deepest fear.

Yes, absolutely. 7:47am here in Ottawa and I have been up for over two hours already.

In your opinion, what do you think was the most important invention until now and why?

Vaccines, hands down. Nothing has spared so much human misery as vaccines.

Do you have any pets?

Describe your ideal date night!

Depending on if its the first date or not. If its the first date then definitely a night on the town, a coffee shop or someplace intimate (but not at home, can't do homes on the first date). A comfortable place where I can really evaluate the other person probably!

Where do you fall on the political spectrum?