Premed 101 Forums

Official "What are my chances for McMaster" Thread

"above avg casper will probably land you an interview" is what I got told and my GPA is 0.03 higher than yours with the same VR so I'd assume the same for you.

The way i'd look at it is your VR is above average for interviews and your GPA is below average for interviews. So an above average CASPer should be enough for an interview

cGPA of 3.65

VR of 10

Current M.Sc student, anticipated completion April 2014. Thoughts? From the sounds of it, I'm going to have to kill CASPER if I want an interview..

cGPA 3.72 (over two undergrad degrees; 3.99 in the second)

VR 11

decent shot at interview if casper goes well?

IP

cGPA 3.65

VR 11

Just finished undergrad, no masters/PhD

Thanks in advance!

I got in this past year with a cGPA of 3.67 and a VR of 11, so I'd say you all definitely have a shot. I had a master's degree in progress at the time, so didn't get the bump. My advice for casper is to just relax and go with your gut - you honestly don't have time to overthink it! Good luck!

I got in this past year with a cGPA of 3.67 and a VR of 11, so I'd say you all definitely have a shot. I had a master's degree in progress at the time, so didn't get the bump. My advice for casper is to just relax and go with your gut - you honestly don't have time to overthink it! Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words!!!!

In province

GPA 3.96

VR 10

Does Mac discriminate between 4th year undergrads and 3rd year undergrads?

What are my chances assuming average CASPER?

Mac certainly does not discriminate between 3rd and 4th. I would say that of Ontario, Mac has the most 3rd years.

Your have a good shot.

Any wise words for me? (stats on previous page)

Do take into consideration that I am applying this cycle as well.

I see you as being much i the same boat as ibrafadi , your GPA is lower but your Verbal is slightly above average for Interviews (not for acceptance as per last years stats but at that point its virtually all interview).

Try to do above average on CASPer and you have a shot at an interview. Remember CASPer is 1/3 your pre-interview score.

hi all,

just wondering if you could tell me what my chances are, and if they have improved significantly since last year.

IP

this year: 3.89 cGPA, 10VR

last year: 3.82 cGPA, 10 VR

last year I didn't get an interview. does that mean I did below average on CASPER, or would I have needed an above average score with those stats? thanks!