Premed 101 Forums

Official "What are my chances for McMaster" Thread

Here's the histograms for matriculated applicants to the class of 2024. Hopefully they will publish Casper quartiles in the future but we don't have that data. Note that they interview 500 of 3000 applicants and offer around 250-300 and 205 matriculate. I think we can say this data is probably similar to all those who get offered, but obviously better than the average applicant. I would say probably not very much higher than the average interviewee, as the interview performance really is most of the criteria for getting accepted after interviews, but probably slighly skewed up. If your stats are in the top half of 2/3 metrics (ie 3.9+ gpa, 129+ cars, 2nd quartlie casper), or one very high to balance out one very low, then probably reasonable chance for an IP interview.

Percentages are cumulative (ie 35% have a 3.89 or lower GPA). Data from https://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/docs/default-source/admissions/class-statistics/class-of-2024_stats.pdf?sfvrsn=2

n49xItt.png

22 hours ago, bearded frog said:

Here's the histograms for matriculated applicants to the class of 2024. Hopefully they will publish Casper quartiles in the future but we don't have that data. Note that they interview 500 of 3000 applicants and offer around 250-300 and 205 matriculate. I think we can say this data is probably similar to all those who get offered, but obviously better than the average applicant. I would say probably not very much higher than the average interviewee, as the interview performance really is most of the criteria for getting accepted after interviews, but probably slighly skewed up. If your stats are in the top half of 2/3 metrics (ie 3.9+ gpa, 129+ cars, 2nd quartlie casper), or one very high to balance out one very low, then probably reasonable chance for an IP interview.

Percentages are cumulative (ie 35% have a 3.89 or lower GPA). Data from https://mdprogram.mcmaster.ca/docs/default-source/admissions/class-statistics/class-of-2024_stats.pdf?sfvrsn=2

n49xItt.png

Hello, Isn't there like 6k applicants? you have mentioned 500 out of 3000

Got an Interview last year so the only changes are: the applicant pool, maybe casper?, and GPA (+.02 from 3.82)

Mostly worried because casper didn't give scores last year so maybe I was 4th quartile and 3rd isnt enough to get me an interview... thoughts?

GPA: 3.84

Cars: 132

Casper: 3rd quartile :(

Geo: IP

On 1/13/2022 at 8:44 PM, Magicath said:

I am wondering what you guys think (really stressed at the moment):

GPA: 3.95

Cars: 127 (I know)

Casper: 4th quartile, felt confident about it and answered all Q's

Geo: IP

Thank you in advance :)

( @bearded frog, I would appreciate your input if you would be so kind as to offer it :)

It's impossible to say, but you should apply. Might depend on where in 4th quartile. Look at the interview acceptance thread and you can see people with similar stats both getting invites and rejections.

8 hours ago, bearded frog said:

It's impossible to say, but you should apply. Might depend on where in 4th quartile. Look at the interview acceptance thread and you can see people with similar stats both getting invites and rejections.

I forgot to update my comment, but I got an invite on Friday! I am so very happy and will be prepping loads for the interview :)