Premed 101 Forums

What's On Your Mind?

Robin Hood

Second snow day in a row this week. My work was able to open yesterday at noon, but I'm doubtful we'll be opening today. On the whole, it's working out to be a fairly relaxing reading week.

My dog was less than impressed this morning.

1eteh5.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know when you have one of those times in your life where life just craps on you over and over again?

That's right now.

Had the fire in September, still dealing with that stuff, I have ongoing health issues which are requiring more investigation, financial stuff is just piling up, and today my husband got into an accident with my car (which is only two years old.)

Just one thing after another right now. So much for a relaxing reading week.

You know when you have one of those times in your life where life just craps on you over and over again?

That's right now.

Had the fire in September, still dealing with that stuff, I have ongoing health issues which are requiring more investigation, financial stuff is just piling up, and today my husband got into an accident with my car (which is only two years old.)

Just one thing after another right now. So much for a relaxing reading week.

Yikes hang in there!

Had an oddly rewarding experience today.

Had to have something printed at Walmart but the images I had on my USB drive were not being recognized by their automated system. Went to get help from the person in their print shop to find he was both deaf and mute yet we found a way to communicate and work together.

It was slow and a little painful given I was out of my comfort zone and have little patience for feeling like I am wasting time but I got what I needed, and I was able to get my items printed too!

When I say I got what I needed I am referring to remembering that communication is more than simply the ability to speak and hear.

Such a positive vibe :)

Hey guys, do you when you rewrite the MCAT, if they count your most recent score or your highest score?

Just curious.

Thanks so much - didn't want to start a new thread.

It depends on the school, here's the Ontario schools (looks like it's the most recent). Keep in mind the MCAT is changing so the policies might/will be changing soon too.

NOSM, uOttawa = no MCAT.

From uoft "Only the most recent MCAT scores will be considered in the application process."

From Queens "In the event an applicant has written the test multiple times, the applicant must ensure that all test results are released to OMSAS. All MCAT scores will then be reported by OMSAS to Queen’s University. Test results are valid from any test written within 5 years of the application submission." (I think this means they look at all of them? not sure)

From Western "If the MCAT is written more than once, the most recent writing of the MCAT is used."

From McMaster (only VR) "The most recent test result will be used for those applicants who attempt the MCAT more than once."

Went to get help from the person in their print shop to find he was both deaf and mute yet we found a way to communicate and work together.

Like writing? Writing would work.

This isn't meant to be a criticism, only a curiosity, but why would someone who is deaf and mute want to work in a customer service job? I'd imagine there are other positions, within Wal Mart even, that would be more suited to their abilities. Just seems like it'd be a massive hassle for all parties involved.

I just had a molar crack in half this evening, and the oral surgeon I'd seen a couple years ago took time out of his Saturday evening to come to his office and extract the tooth. I could hug the man. There have been few opportunities in my life to be so grateful for someone, but tonight was one.

I really cannot stand how people take advantage of others.

I have a prof who has deadlines but they are movable in the sense that if there is a situation that hampered you from getting a paper done on time he would rather give you an extension than to see you hand in crappy work or even work that may be plagiarized but I have a friend in this class who is hugely taking advantage of it. You don't even really need to provide proof of this.

They told the prof about some issues that have crept up in asking for an extension which he granted but this person failed to tell him about their trip to Ireland for 10 days during reading week or her weekend away last weekend with friends, or the fact she's only taking 3 courses this semester.

The assignment was a breeze, no more than a day to do so LOTS of time to do it. Pure laziness.

No, US podiatry schools, I do not want to be a podiatrist.

I didn't realize allowing AAMC to divulge my e-mail to professional schools for recruitment would mean being spammed about feet.

What's wrong with feet?

(My brother is in podiatry school, lol)

No, US podiatry schools, I do not want to be a podiatrist.

I didn't realize allowing AAMC to divulge my e-mail to professional schools for recruitment would mean being spammed about feet.

ok that is mildly funny actually :) Is the spam just about podiatry? Hopefully you are getting other "spam" as well.

Archived