Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Interview Discussion 2015

"I got to help place a few CVCs and some friends have done chest tubes and suturing in the ER. Speaking of the ER shift, amazing experience without a resident to be under, you're usually the first person to see the patient after the triage nurse (As a 1st year!) and you'll do the history and relevant physical and report back to the attending"

​This makes me happy, I am really leaning towards ER, I find smaller cities would be easy to get more hands on. I really like the smaller cities too, so win-win. Thanks Sarvish!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, we both started at the same station, rest station #1. Here's hoping its a good sign :P

fightoffyourdemons: I also almost never finished a station on time, I think i finished one or maybe two on time right before the bell, although I do have to admit I am a "rambler". 8 minutes does go by super fast.

Haha good to know! I think the only one that I finished "early" was the acting one... and it was a little awkward because of that lol.

Haha, we both started at the same station, rest station #1. Here's hoping its a good sign :P

fightoffyourdemons: I also almost never finished a station on time, I think i finished one or maybe two on time right before the bell, although I do have to admit I am a "rambler". 8 minutes does go by super fast.

Haha good to know! I think the only one that I finished "early" was the acting one... and it was a little awkward because of that lol.

Did your acting station have a clear objective outlined? I feel like mine didn't but now I'm worried I missed something

My interview was on the Sunday (22nd). Pretty sure the morning and afternoon stations are the same, but they vary day to day? Gotta be vague, but basically the actor had a problem with something, and you are in a position where you can fix it. It was a little awkward because after I went through a few things I could do for them, the actor went into interviewer mode and asked me how my solutions would affect other people. Which isn't a natural thing to ask in the role they were playing.

Did your acting station have a clear objective outlined? I feel like mine didn't but now I'm worried I missed something

My interview was on the Sunday (22nd). Pretty sure the morning and afternoon stations are the same, but they vary day to day? Gotta be vague, but basically the actor had a problem with something, and you are in a position where you can fix it. It was a little awkward because after I went through a few things I could do for them, the actor went into interviewer mode and asked me how my solutions would affect other people. Which isn't a natural thing to ask in the role they were playing.

My definately did not have a clear objective

Thanks that's reassuring aha

Hey guys,

Anyone else starting to feel super unsure about their interview performance? I keep thinking about one station in particular which I feel was my poorest and now I'm coming up with such great answers for it and kinda beating myself up for not saying some important things. I know it's pointless to think this way and it's hard to think of everything in those two minutes, but I keep ruminating and feeling like I blew my chances at Mac again! (this was my second time interviewing here). I prepped hard for it and felt pretty confident with my performance during my last few days of practice, but I'm scared I didn't improve too much from last year during the actual thing. 

A little over three weeks left now! Before I was excited for May 12, now I'm starting to dread it :(

Hey guys,

Anyone else starting to feel super unsure about their interview performance? I keep thinking about one station in particular which I feel was my poorest and now I'm coming up with such great answers for it and kinda beating myself up for not saying some important things. I know it's pointless to think this way and it's hard to think of everything in those two minutes, but I keep ruminating and feeling like I blew my chances at Mac again! (this was my second time interviewing here). I prepped hard for it and felt pretty confident with my performance during my last few days of practice, but I'm scared I didn't improve too much from last year during the actual thing. 

A little over three weeks left now! Before I was excited for May 12, now I'm starting to dread it :(

But it's so hard to know how you did! If it makes you feel better, at one station I completely blanked out while I was supposed to be reading the question because I was too busy cringing about the last station. Anywho, I walk in and asked if I could take a minute to actually read the question because I hadn't done so outside. Then I read the question while the interviewer stared at me lolol 

so much cringe

But it's so hard to know how you did! If it makes you feel better, at one station I completely blanked out while I was supposed to be reading the question because I was too busy cringing about the last station. Anywho, I walk in and asked if I could take a minute to actually read the question because I hadn't done so outside. Then I read the question while the interviewer stared at me lolol 

so much cringe

I had a similar moment. Actually, the station that I was talking about was the one where my mind went blank... i had to take some time inside to collect my thoughts and even then my answer was ... not great I think. It was only later that I came to realize that yeah, I could have totally aced this station ... bahhh no use thinking about it now... not all MMI's that lead to acceptance go super smoothly and perfectly 

From what I know, don't they mark it like CASPer and take your worst and best interview and analyze the rest. Just to get a more consistent look at you? In that case, if you truly feel bad about one, take solace in that thought and I am sure you kicked ass on the other ones :D.

From what I know, don't they mark it like CASPer and take your worst and best interview and analyze the rest. Just to get a more consistent look at you? In that case, if you truly feel bad about one, take solace in that thought and I am sure you kicked ass on the other ones :D.

Nope they don't do that. They count all of them. 

Nope they don't do that. They count all of them. 

Mm weird, it's been awhile since I've read or been told that, but I swear it was from someone I know at Mac, because of outliers and stuff. Oh well. Least now we know, although confirmation would be lovely.

Archived