Premed 101 Forums

Mcmaster Interview Discussion 2015

Well, I'm panicking slightly. We are expecting yet another storm tomorrow, which will definitely cancel flights, and another one on Saturday, which is when my flight leaves!

If Air Canada puts my airport on the weather advisory list I can rebook for an earlier flight at no charge but damn is this nerve wracking! I will not miss this interview!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bioethics for Clinicians is pretty good! Short, gives you different concepts to think about, really informative :) 

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/eppp-archive/100/201/300/cdn_medical_association/cmaj/series/bioethic.htm

So I was wanting to do some quick and informative reading on controversial or important healthcare issues prior to this Sunday. (euthanasia, rural medicine, physician pay dispute, etc...)

Anyone have links to resources or threads that post such articles? Looking for relatively short reads that give a good idea of the different perspectives.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well, I'm panicking slightly. We are expecting yet another storm tomorrow, which will definitely cancel flights, and another one on Saturday, which is when my flight leaves!

If Air Canada puts my airport on the weather advisory list I can rebook for an earlier flight at no charge but damn is this nerve wracking! I will not miss this interview!

I sure hope you get here okay! I'm nervous enough about the weather and I'm only an hour from Hamilton.

I sure hope you get here okay! I'm nervous enough about the weather and I'm only an hour from Hamilton.

If I can't get an earlier flight, I'll be driving and I REALLY don't want to drive 17 hours, much as I love my car.

Hey all,

I am looking to host a dinner this Saturday night for those interviewing at Mac this upcoming weekend. This would be a very informal way to meet some of your peers and relax pre- or post- interview. I am not involved in the admissions process, but I can answer any lingering questions as well. Send me a PM if you can make it, and I will gauge interest and get back to you with details.

Got a few takers but am looking for more interest to make this happen. Send a PM!

Also, if you still need a place to stay for the interview weekend after this one, let me know.

Figured I'd pop in here one last time, heading to Hamilton tomorrow to be a student host on Saturday. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you awesome people.

Relax, it's gonna be ok and it'll probably be a "relatively" fun interview.

P.S. Look for the people in the blue hosting shirts, we're the most awesome campus and we'd all be super happy to convince you of that fact!

On my way to Hamilton right now (layover in Calgary, yay). Getting there on Friday - any suggestions on cool things to check out before interview day? Not gonna bother with much prep haha

This is my first time posting on Premed101 but I'd love some suggestions on what to do in Hamilton on Friday night/Saturday afternoon! 

Drinks at Two Black Sheep. Food at Bread Bar, Burnt Tongue, Rapscallion. Webster's Falls. Shop down Locke st.

Archived