Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My oh my they definitely are starting this way earlier than in previous years. Wonder why they changed they're dates so drastically.

Last year they kept interviews until early April, which collided with exams and I think made it more difficult for them to come up with a timely post-interview decisions. I am honestly not optimistic for getting rejections any time soon, I really feel like we won't get rejections until late march like last year (which really sucked). Id be happy to be proven wrong though.

^ UT began it's interview season in 2013 with (I think) about 600 or so rejections in late January along with the first few invites. All other rejections were delayed till late March. So if they are consistent, there should be Rs going out soon...

^ UT began it's interview season in 2013 with (I think) about 600 or so rejections in late January along with the first few invites. All other rejections were delayed till late March. So if they are consistent, there should be Rs going out soon...

No, that was 2 years ago. Last year they rejected people who didn't meet cutoffs in January and pretty much only sent invites until March, when they rejected everyone.

Edit: wherein by everyone, I mean a lot of people (not literally everyone).

No, that was 2 years ago. Last year they rejected people who didn't meet cutoffs in January and pretty much only sent invites until March, when they rejected everyone.

Edit: wherein by everyone, I mean a lot of people (not literally everyone).

No, that is what I meant with respect to last year. 600~ R's in Jan and every other R in late March.

I thought it was a rumour that the 600 were people who failed to meet cut offs. I don't think Admissions confirmed that, though I could be wrong. I seem to recall this point being pm101 speculation.

Ya, waiting is killing me for sure. And of course it`s just the first batch, so no reason to assume I will hear anything today either way.

That's the attitude. I just like to think that my file is still being reviewed in a sequence due to the high volume of applications. Once they get to your file, they will invite you :)

So no need to feel discourage when you don't make the 1st wave. Best to just forget about it and be surprised by your inbox.

The number of invites that would go out today is so small that it means little if you don't get anything. I remember being panic struck in Jan and then just becoming accustomed to the wait. When the invite did come, it was utterly out of the blue and a much much more pleasant surprise. :)

and lol @ the 600 views on the stats thread that doesn't have any stats yet haha

The number of invites that would go out today is so small that it means little if you don't get anything. I remember being panic struck in Jan and then just becoming accustomed to the wait. When the invite did come, it was utterly out of the blue and a much much more pleasant surprise. :)

and lol @ the 600 views on the stats thread that doesn't have any stats yet haha

that's partially your fault for posting there haha

Invites for 1/7 interview days - with days 2 & 3 coming next week. That's nearly half the invites coming decently early.

Invites for 1/7 interview days - with days 2 & 3 coming next week. That's nearly half the invites coming decently early.

Yup. I was just talking about today specifically. Even if all invites for the first interview day go out today (and assuming no R's are sent out) then fewer than 100 of 3000~ ish applicants would be hearing back today (assuming approx 550-650 interviewees total).

By late next week a substantial number should be out, as you said.

Archived