Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

1 hour ago, IslandPTgal said:

So when I send my transcripts, would I put the information for ORPAS as the recipient, or would I send them to Western? Because I sent my initial ones to ORPAS after applying, so not sure if we do the same process or not.

From my understanding, it should be sent to ORPAS

2 hours ago, IslandPTgal said:

So when I send my transcripts, would I put the information for ORPAS as the recipient, or would I send them to Western? Because I sent my initial ones to ORPAS after applying, so not sure if we do the same process or not.

I just did it all on the ORPAS website.

On 6/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, rrxxccooll said:

Does anyone know if master degree gpa is counted towards gpa for admission

I did quite a lot of research into this before applying last year, as I also have an MSc. From my research (for last years application cycle) only UoT and Mac consider graduate marks out of the Ontario schools. Western and Queens do not. 

2 hours ago, GivinPTaShot said:

I did quite a lot of research into this before applying last year, as I also have an MSc. From my research (for last years application cycle) only UoT and Mac consider graduate marks out of the Ontario schools. Western and Queens do not. 

You mean PT? What about OT?

Hey everyone,

I’m confused regarding sending your transcript to the school that you choose. Since you already submitted your transcript to ORPAS while applying, do you have to request a transcript from your undergrad school again after you accept an offer? If yes, do you just do it through ORPAS again? 

7 hours ago, PTforLife319 said:

Hey everyone,

I’m confused regarding sending your transcript to the school that you choose. Since you already submitted your transcript to ORPAS while applying, do you have to request a transcript from your undergrad school again after you accept an offer? If yes, do you just do it through ORPAS again? 

I just finished 4 th year so I have conditional acceptances until I prove  I finished my degree. If your transcripts show a completed degree you don’t need to resend. I did it through OPRAS. They will send it to the school you accept and yes they charge you $15 again.

2 minutes ago, rrxxccooll said:

Hey, but ORPAS calculate GPA for western and Mac differently from u of t and queens? 

From my understanding, ORPAS calculates the sub-GPA for undergraduate marks only...each school that takes graduate marks into account calculates a separate sub-GPA that is not posted on ORPAS (you'll have to do your own calculations to figure out what that is). I think Queens looks at cumulative GPA of your undergrad for admissions? Not too sure.

8 minutes ago, Future-OT said:

From my understanding, ORPAS calculates the sub-GPA for undergraduate marks only...each school that takes graduate marks into account calculates a separate sub-GPA that is not posted on ORPAS (you'll have to do your own calculations to figure out what that is). I think Queens looks at cumulative GPA of your undergrad for admissions? Not too sure.

Do you mean western and Mac calculate the gpa of last two years from undergrad +graduate ? Or they calculate last two years from undergrad and graduate separately?

1 hour ago, rrxxccooll said:

Do you mean western and Mac calculate the gpa of last two years from undergrad +graduate ? Or they calculate last two years from undergrad and graduate separately?

They calculate the sub-GPA based on the last 10 full courses or 20 half courses (which includes a combination of undergrad and grad school marks). 

1 hour ago, PTAnonymous2022 said:

Has anybody on the DalPT waitlist heard anything recently? 

Nothing for me. Do you know which half of the waitlist you're on? When I asked, they said I was on the bottom half of the NS waitlist. I'd love to know how long the list is, but they couldn't tell me that.