Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2024 -- Discussions

Bonjour tout le monde,

Voici un thread dédié aux discussions concernant les CaRMS 2024. L'autre thread (CaRMS 2024 Interview Tracker) est réservé uniquement aux invitations. Je vous invite à poster vos invitations là-bas. SVP éviter les discussions et les messages non pertinents dans ce thread pour assurer une meilleure lisibilité.

Je vous souhaite beaucoup de succès pour vos CaRMS !

Hi everyone,

Here is a dedicated thread for discussions about CaRMS 2024. The other thread (CaRMS 2024 Interview Tracker) will be for invitations only. I invite you to post your invitations over there. Please avoid discussions and unrelated messages on that thread to ensure a better experience for everyone.

I wish you success for this cycle ! 

10 hours ago, abcd1288 said:

How long does it take for invites to come out?

By the end of day of January 5, our interview status should be updated in our CaRMS account.

5 hours ago, коронавирус said:

Just wanted to say it is unbelievable that we are already here. Med school went by so fast for me. LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It really did !

3 hours ago, Path2024 said:

I saw that someone got an offer at a program I applied to in the same stream as me (IMG) yesterday. Does anyone know if interviews are sent out over multiple days? Or does this basically mean I will inevitably get a rejection in the coming days?

CMG here so YMMV.

Based on personally getting Rs last year to many of the programs I applied to, my anecdotal experience is that if acceptances are coming out and you don't hear back in the same day = Rejected/WL'd.

Unless that program is absolutely massive (ie. the largest IM/FM programs), not hearing back likely means that the program has batched you into pile of applications that they will "get around to rejecting" before the CaRMS portal deadline on Jan 5th. On the other hand, those selected for interview need to be sent scheduling/logistic things and take "priority" in terms of time being notified. Just what I've learnt/picked up on from speaking to various program admin in the past year after going unmatched.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you get that interview though! Best of luck.

30 minutes ago, 3pinephrine said:

CMG here so YMMV.

Based on personally getting Rs last year to many of the programs I applied to, my anecdotal experience is that if acceptances are coming out and you don't hear back in the same day = Rejected/WL'd.

Unless that program is absolutely massive (ie. the largest IM/FM programs), not hearing back likely means that the program has batched you into pile of applications that they will "get around to rejecting" before the CaRMS portal deadline on Jan 5th. On the other hand, those selected for interview need to be sent scheduling/logistic things and take "priority" in terms of time being notified. Just what I've learnt/picked up on from speaking to various program admin in the past year after going unmatched.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and you get that interview though! Best of luck.

Thanks for your answer. I kind of figured. :/ womp womp lol