Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs Posted

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For applicants from outside Southwestern Ontario, the MCAT minimums for the 2010-11 application cycle are as follows:

Biological Sciences: 10

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal Reasoning: 11

Writing Sample: P

The minimum GPA is 3.7

Some flexibility is given to applicants from Southwestern Ontario. In the 2010-11 application cycle, a minimum score of 8 in any one section of the MCAT is acceptable as long as the combined score for Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Verbal Reasoning is 30 or more. The minimum score for the Writing Sample is O.

No flexibility for out of Southwestern Ontario? ie. A OOP app with an overall 30 or more doesn't matter...? Or just more flexibility than that?

Has anybody called the office to see if those actually were the cutoffs. I mean, I bet they've gone home now, but that seems like such an odd play: take the page down before going home for the night. Surely they must know how neurotic premeds are!

I'd actually wager anything those cutoffs were right. It probably just has something to do with getting that blog up, or reorganizing the website. IMO, it would be a huge huge gaffe if they posted the wrong cutoffs early, seeing as they certainly know people are checking all the time around this time of year.

I guess we won't know for sure for a bit, but those had to have been the right ones, or someone at Western had a really rough afternoon, haha.

I think they're just messing with us. Nothing else makes sense.

Haha...of course...I can see it now, one adcom member turning to the others, with a grin, "you know what'd be really amusing? Messing with these freaked out premeds," and the others guffaw and join in...

Tomorrow: changing the VR to a 9, only to change it back to an 11 on Thursday ;)

Haha...of course...I can see it now, one adcom member turning to the others, with a grin, "you know what'd be really amusing? Messing with these freaked out premeds," and the others guffaw and join in...

Tomorrow: changing the VR to a 9, only to change it back to an 11 on Thursday ;)

that would be classic lol

isn't rmorelan part of the adcom? didn't he sort of confirm it...at least he didn't deny it.

Ok, I am not an adcom - just a second year student who is very involved in the admissions office. Puts me in contact with the same information as the adcoms etc but I do not have a say in what the rules actually are. Plus I update the website and created the new version of it everyone is now seeing and do to my council position do a lot of other things :)

I can see that the page as been removed temporarily from the site and put into draft mode. This must have happened late in the day as I was meeting with the office at 4 and no one mentioned it. I don't know why it was removed, could be on purpose, could be a mistake. I did ask for some minor corrections to the page but nothing to do with the cut offs - just a date change. I can also say that in the current draft version the cut offs have not changed from what was up earlier today.

That is all I can say - but I will follow immediately tomorrow morning and go from there. Sorry about the confusion - everyone doesn't need the stress but please bear with us!

For applicants from outside Southwestern Ontario, the MCAT minimums for the 2010-11 application cycle are as follows:

Biological Sciences: 10

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal Reasoning: 11

Writing Sample: P

The minimum GPA is 3.7

Some flexibility is given to applicants from Southwestern Ontario. In the 2010-11 application cycle, a minimum score of 8 in any one section of the MCAT is acceptable as long as the combined score for Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Verbal Reasoning is 30 or more. The minimum score for the Writing Sample is O.

These (if correct) seem to be the same as last year's interview requirements.

Archived