Premed 101 Forums

Cutoffs Posted

It might be nice to go to the presentation and tour though. I am guessing that a lot of us will be nervous so this might get rid of some of that nervous tension, and I'm sure you will get to meet a few people in the process as well :) .

The tour is only necessary if you don't know the campus, but EVERYONE should go to the presentation. There's a lot of very valuable information, and you get to meet and talk to the med students that are part of the program as well as some really great faculty.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might be nice to go to the presentation and tour though. I am guessing that a lot of us will be nervous so this might get rid of some of that nervous tension, and I'm sure you will get to meet a few people in the process as well :) .

That is our aim :) People need to do what they think will best prepare them of course, but those talks allow us to help you understand the school and program.

I think it depends on what you want to do. I know they offer a tour and a presentation about the school, the city, etc. They also have refreshments in the waiting area which you can sit in before and/or after your interview. I'm from London and go to school at UWO so I skipped the tour and presentation part last year and went in only for the interview - so up to you!

Thanks for this. Do you think it would be practical to schedule an interview in London in the morning, drive to Toronto and do an interview in the afternoon? Or vice versa? (Of course I realize I'm counting chickens before they hatch here)

rmorelan, are you at all involved in the Pre-med interview symposium next week at UWO?

The tradition at Schulich med school is for the first years to run that event and organize the talks - med school has a lot of things like that where each year only does an event once.

I will however likely be there all the time slots as well - probably not a surprise that I really enjoy giving pre med talks etc :)

Thanks for this. Do you think it would be practical to schedule an interview in London in the morning, drive to Toronto and do an interview in the afternoon? Or vice versa? (Of course I realize I'm counting chickens before they hatch here)

Actually, I was kind of tired after my last interview believe it or not. Lol, I know that sounds strange, and I never would have expected it before but the experience did tire me out a little bit. I am just putting this out there because in my own case, I would probably schedule 2 interviews on different days. Another thing is time of reflection. When you finish one, you often think about how it went, and you might even work on some things as well. I think every interview is a learning experience so it is good to give yourself time in between to reflect. If you want to do 2 in a day though, I'm sure you can pull it off :) . Good luck!!

Actually, I was kind of tired after my last interview believe it or not. Lol, I know that sounds strange, and I never would have expected it before but the experience did tire me out a little bit. I am just putting this out there because in my own case, I would probably schedule 2 interviews on different days. Another thing is time of reflection. When you finish one, you often think about how it went, and you might even work on some things as well. I think every interview is a learning experience so it is good to give yourself time in between to reflect. If you want to do 2 in a day though, I'm sure you can pull it off :) . Good luck!!

yeah i would not recommend cramming them in - for one thing you cannot count on the traffic situation. More though there is just the issue of mental focus and exhaustion.

Nice blog UWO (and rmorelan).

Thanks - we are just getting started here. The blog completes phase 2 of the primary upgrades. We will be continuing add additional information/functionality as time goes on. The process works best if the community at large brings their suggestions to the table. We will take it from there :)

Currently following phase 3 will focus on adding an interactive flowchart guiding applicants from highschool forward to admission, and some additional flair to the system.

We are going to continue to do everything we can to keep everyone in the loop and reduce stress.

ughh I would love to attend that Pre-Med symposium but I have presentations that I have to do for my grad program. Just wouldn't be able to make it there and back from where I live (i.e., outside of London). Seems like a fantastic way to augment your interview prep! grrrrrrrrr....

ughh I would love to attend that Pre-Med symposium but I have presentations that I have to do for my grad program. Just wouldn't be able to make it there and back from where I live (i.e., outside of London). Seems like a fantastic way to augment your interview prep! grrrrrrrrr....

Wow! Pretty intense presentations - the event is over a number of days. There will be other opportunities coming up - I will try to make sure everyone knows when/where.

Wow! Pretty intense presentations - the event is over a number of days. There will be other opportunities coming up - I will try to make sure everyone knows when/where.

For those that don't live in the area, will there be powerpoint slides available? Or I think I read somewhere about a book available for purchase.

Yeah I noticed they were over a number of days, but I also have other commitments aside from the presentations that I would feel awful about missing. Hmmm I guess I'll just have to work around them. If you could provide any more updates for future events that would be fantastic rmorelan. I appreciate your effort! :)

Archived